rolldabeats Fundraiser: Old Skool Special - Bailey, Equinox, Flight - Nov 3rd, London

haste

rolldabeats are proud to present the first in what we hope is a series of special fundrasier parties...

http://www.rolldabeats.com/images/flyer_front.jpghttp://www.rolldabeats.com/images/flyer_back.jpg

3rd November 2007

Room 1

Old skool vibes courtesy of hardcore & jungle masters from around the globe

Room 2

Percussion Sessions joins RDB night taking control of the second room for that funked up party vibe

www.worldpercussionsessions.com

www.myspace.com/worldpercussionsessions

• Flight (House & more styles set)
    [Metalheadz, Play:Muzik]
  • Deeizm (House & Vocal set)
    [Good Looking]
  • Craggz (Soul & Funk set)
    [Valve]
  • BenSamba (Broken beat set)
    [Resident]
  • Emma Brammer (Soulful Vocals)
    [Resident]
  • Mark Sciberras (Djembe)

Ditch Bar

145 Shoreditch High St

London

UK

www.ditchbar.co.uk

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1609/ditchbb7.jpg

Doors: 10 - 3:30am

Admission: ?7 after 11 - ?5 before

All profit from the night will go towards the future development of RDB including hosting, ongoing site costs and building new features to benefit users. Come down enjoy some good music and help put a little back into the site. First 100 people through the will receive free mix CDs and there will be RDB giveaways all night long...

For more information

www.rolldabeats.com

info at rolldabeats.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh... and what is not displayed in the first post. I should be added to the line up as well, but just as the guy jumping around either getting people to dance or scaring them away from the dancefloor...

Or hanging on the bar and doing my trained head-nod thing...

Oh... and what is not displayed in the first post. I should be added to the line up as well, but just as the guy jumping around either getting people to dance or scaring them away from the dancefloor...

Or hanging on the bar and doing my trained head-nod thing...

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great night, brilliant diversity between the DJ's on both floors, good game strat! Glad Equinox made it and large up Wilsh played a heavy set! Roll on the next event, will be there...

Got the CD, too. Not heard it yet though. Cheers!

What a great night! Met so many cool people. Can't wait for the next one! :cool:

What a fat night. Big ups to all involved and all the DJ's. Had a wicked time

Great night, brilliant diversity between the DJ's on both floors, good game strat! Glad Equinox made it and large up Wilsh played a heavy set! Roll on the next event, will be there...

Got the CD, too. Not heard it yet though. Cheers!

Thanks for coming, I had an amazing time as well! Bailey absolutely killed it!

Huge thanks to everyone who came down...I had a really great time and was so pleased with how everything went. All the DJs really impressed me with their selection and I was going mental during Bailey's set...what a star!

Feedback has been excellent so far and I'm really glad that all who came down enjoyed themselves and loved the music as much as we did.

Gonna get on sorting the next one out so keep your eyes and ears open :wink:

The night was absolutely amazing, it has been really great to (finally) meet up with you lot and see faces to the names I've known for ages now. Big shout to all you who joined for the (first) rolldabeats night, great to see the people who are active on the forum, but most of all like the music in the same manner we do. Special thanks for my personal host for the weekend Haste, you and Phokus did a more than excellent job pulling this one off. I really hope the rush of the evening itself was as good for you lot as it was for me.

And finally I would like to thank Mike L for letting me have the couch!

I will soon put the pictures online which should gives an impression of the night (as well as my photograph skills...)

If any of you out there (Henry!) took any photos please do send them to rolldabeats@gmail.com.

Cutting and pasting from elsewhere:

Thank you to everyone that came down, great to see so many people who I've not seen for aaaaages. And especially to those who made some serious missions to attend. Thank you also to all the DJs etc - Percussion Sessions for the pure diversity upstairs, eXtreme for representing RDB, Wilsh for some last minute saving of our bacon (I owe you!), Bailey for tearing the roof off and doing the overtime, Equinox as devastating as ever, and to Manikular for being the perfect host; the RDB family - Thijs and Mike - who helped out on the night; Ali and crew for the entertainment afterwards :)

I'll upload some pics in a bit... if anyone else has any, please send them over (phokus78 at yahoo dot co dot uk) or attach them here!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something/someone, but I'll leave Tom to fill in the blanks and put it all much more succinctly later, no doubt.

Rockin Buzz - great to meet some of you heads for the first time (Lookin at you Lamper) and again!

Cant wait for the next one. Although I may not surgically attach myself to a bottle(s) of magners next time!! (or was it the buckfast )

Big up!

I was VERY rat-arsed, ornette was seriously chinstroking in the corner and where did you disapear to later theorie?

good to see studio b and jungle timewarp there even though he came from birmingham just to go to this night, I was surprised how tall thijs was and then got mesmarised by the fish at somepoint and ended up on ornettes (very small) sofa.

gotta big up oyster cards and the emo randoms on the hot sauna bus on the way back to lewisham .

all about leaving cd's I was going to give equinox/bailey and flight in a pub me and theorie and ornette were in before hand (all because I found a free bottle of magners :rolleyes: ).

Rockin Buzz - great to meet some of you heads for the first time (Lookin at you Lamper) and again!

Cant wait for the next one. Although I may not surgically attach myself to a bottle(s) of magners next time!! (or was it the buckfast )

Big up!

It was great to meet you as well mate!

Shouts out to the lot of you. Had an amazing time!

Can I have the sets please?

Think DJ eXtreme done the set of the night, but Baileys was equally good, a mesmerising collage of all the classic tunes you could think of and then some! talk about quick fast cutting & mixing :ohmy:

I also wanna know ID one of the tunes Haste played early on so get them sets uploaded!