Jump to content


Mixes archive


13 replies to this topic

#1 caedo261

caedo261

    Knowledge provider

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 05:41 PM

Are you guys planning an archive of downloadable mixes??

#2 thijs

thijs

    Knowledge provider

  • Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3962 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 05:48 PM

mixes? what do you mean?

#3 caedo261

caedo261

    Knowledge provider

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:05 PM

Sets, live performances, you know.

#4 thijs

thijs

    Knowledge provider

  • Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3962 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:13 PM

i would not count on it. don't think a discography is the right place for that. ;)

#5 Logic

Logic

    Knowledge provider

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2217 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:03 AM

We have plans for a "rave archive" that will have information about tape packs, inc. the DJ lineups and tracklists of their sets, flyer scans, etc.

One idea that came along with that was maybe featuring a "mix of the week/month/whatever" that people could download to help draw attention to the other information available in that section.  

Archiving mp3s of all the tape packs we have would require Google-like bandwidth  :lol: but a set or two every now and then may be a reality in the future  :ph34r:

#6 kn00tcn

kn00tcn

    Knowledge provider

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 05:45 AM

are you crazy!?!? do you know how many mixes are out there & how much bandwidth this would take!?

plenty of mix sites... inclusing some rare mixes from mid90s kinda thing....

flyers sound nice heh

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:09 AM

Logic, on Mar 6 2005, 11:03 PM, said:

One idea that came along with that was maybe featuring a "mix of the week/month/whatever" that people could download to help draw attention to the other information available in that section. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Would that be a mix submitted by a user?  Then you could have a tracklisting with links for each track to the db?

#8 Logic

Logic

    Knowledge provider

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2217 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 10:12 PM

Guest, on Mar 11 2005, 10:09 AM, said:

Would that be a mix submitted by a user?  Then you could have a tracklisting with links for each track to the db?

Well I hadn't considered taking user-submitted mixes before.  I was thinking of featuring a certain DJ or party, say "AWOL Month" or something where we'll have some flyers and media if possible (photos, videos), then like a certain AWOL set to download with a complete tracklisting (with relevant links to the DB)

Just a thought, haven't fleshed it out much yet

#9 jj

jj

    Knowledge provider

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6089 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:04 PM

Logic, on Mar 6 2005, 11:03 PM, said:

We have plans for a "rave archive" that will have information about tape packs, inc. the DJ lineups and tracklists of their sets, flyer scans, etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Any news on when this will happen?

#10 Logic

Logic

    Knowledge provider

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2217 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:47 AM

jj, on Apr 14 2005, 08:04 PM, said:

Any news on when this will happen?

Incidentally, I was just about to post in the mods forum about it.  I want to get the details banged out as far as how the data should be arranged in the db, and once we have that worked out we'll start racking our brains ;)

#11 jj

jj

    Knowledge provider

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6089 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 10:08 PM

Logic, on Mar 6 2005, 11:03 PM, said:

Archiving mp3s of all the tape packs we have would require Google-like bandwidth  :lol: but a set or two every now and then may be a reality in the future  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Although they can be annoying to use at times, services such as yousendit and sharebigfile would at least enable people to add a download link for a limited period if they don't have access to any webspace.

Anyway I reckon most of the tracklistings will be for sets easily available on programs such as Soulseek if people want to find them on mp3.

#12 Logic

Logic

    Knowledge provider

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2217 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:16 AM

jj, on Apr 28 2005, 09:08 PM, said:

Anyway I reckon most of the tracklistings will be for sets easily available on programs such as Soulseek if people want to find them on mp3.

Agreed.  The only sets I've ever personally done tracklists for are ones I already have on mp3.  I don't have any original tapes  :blink:

#13 ravetapes

ravetapes

    Music enthusiast

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 07:28 PM

Definately be nice [and sad  :D ] to get a list of all the tapes in the universe, and their dates, events, MCs, catalogue numbers and what not...

I got hundreds of unknown mixes...   <_<

:D

#14 J3FF3R00

J3FF3R00

    Music enthusiast

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:04 PM

*edit*
Cheers!
(1st post :P )



Reply to this topic