Gang Related / Mask - Dictation (Remix - Dub Plate Mix) (Late 1996)

haste

Guest eddiebale

I have a copy of this on 10" plate.

I got it off a guy who won it from a one in the jungle comp that roni size was running.

Ill try and get a clip up.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
"Rap music is directly to the point.... it s the direct information... it s the dictation and it s a definition of how we re living..."

Post that damn mp3!!!!! :)

Where's the sample from?

I've managed to track this one down on mp3 too...cool tune :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i had a recording on cassette of a tune, (very different from any of the versions on here) with the dictation/defintion sample on it,

much more bouncy and simple style,

anyone got any ideas?

please . . .

some 'friend' seems to have permanently borrowed the (very dodgy, but very precious) tape recording i had . . .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
i had a recording on cassette of a tune, (very different from any of the versions on here) with the dictation/defintion sample on it,

much more bouncy and simple style,

anyone got any ideas?

please . . .

some 'friend' seems to have permanently borrowed the (very dodgy, but very precious) tape recording i had . . .

i too am looking for a different mix that was never released!Maybe it is the same mix.the one i am looking for was a much simpler version that had the big kettle drum rolls in the intro. then it dropped into a simple amen stepper with a pure sub bassline that went up in pitch very similar to the bassline off re-incarnations by Dj Die.I would bet my house it was Dj Die,and i think only a few had it on dubplate,one of which was Dj Hype,maybe dj rap. I had it on a tape too which i think was Dj hype/Dj rap at Helter skelter,probably about 1996/1997.Cant find the tape anymore,and i cant find any tracklistings for Helter skelter sets.I need this tune,got any new info?

• 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this the version that's talked about here? Cut from Bryan Gee @ Future, Vibration, Forst - 2nd November 1996.

https://dnbshare.com...ersion.mp3.html

Yeah, it's not much of an unreleased mix, just the same as the album 'Michael Caine Remix' but with the Tony Scott sample, rather than a 're-spoken' one by Roni or whoever.

A few people in here were thinking of the since-identified-as DJ Die remix though