Eclipse Tapes

hardsteppa

Can anyone confirm the dates the tapes were recorded on? Following on from the confusion in the Ellis Dee thread ......

I'm not sure any of the dates I have are correct so I have left them all blank. Eclipse/Edge tapes are a nightmare to ID!

Carl Cox

1 - 14 Dec 90 (Energy)

2 - 22 Mar 91 (Energy)

3 - 6 Apr 91

4 - 3 May 91

5 - 5 Jul 91

6 -

7 - 11 Oct 91 (Highlander)

8 -

9 -

10 -

11 -

12 - 8 May 92

13 -

14 -

Ellis Dee

1 - (New Age)

2 -

3 - + Shock C

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

11 -

Grooverider

1 - 27 Apr 91 + Unique 3

2 -

3 -

4 - 6 Jul 91 or 20 Jul 91 + Parks & Wilson

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

11 -

12 -

13 -

JJ Frost

1 -

2 -

3 - + Laurent Garnier

4 -

5 -

6 -

Mickey Finn

1 -

2 - 3 Aug 91

3 - 24 Aug 91

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 - 27 Mar 92 (possibly)

9 - 25 May 92 (possibly)

10 -

Sasha

1 -

2 - 29 Mar 91

3 - 18 May 91 + Carl Williams

4 - 21 Jun 91 (Solstice) + Laurent Garnier

5 -

6 - 1 Nov 91

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

Seduction

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 - + DJ Sy

Top Buzz

1 - + Sasha & Matthew B

2 -

3 - (New Age)

4 -

5 - (New Age)

6 -

7 - 8 Nov 91 (Bangin Tunes)

Fabio

1 - 2 Aug 91

2 -

Rap

1 - 3 May 91 (New Age)

2 - 20 Jul 91

3 -

4 -

Slipmatt

1 - 25 Oct 91 (Omen)

2 - 8 Nov 91 (Bangin Tunes)

3 -

4 -

5 -

Stu Allan

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

Easygroove

1 - 4 May 91

2 -

Rokki

1 - 25 May 91

Easygroove, not sure if there are 2 tapes or not.

I have Easygroove #1 - it's from a '91 event.

The other single tapes are a nightmare. as just no info - can only go by the tune selection for approximate dates. Would also need all the Eclipse flyers from 91/92 to try and match up the mixes.

Here is what i know based on information from other sources :

Sasha

2 - Eclipse (Amnesia House), Coventry 29th March 1991

3 - Eclipse Coventry Feb 91

4 - Sasha & Laurent Garnier - Eclipse, Coventry 21-6-91

6 - Sasha & Carl Williams - The Eclipse T2 Aircraft Hanger (Part 2) 1st Nov 91

Top Buzz

3 - Eclipse (New Age) 1991

Carl Cox

3 - Eclipse, Coventry, April 1991

4 - Eclipse Late 1991

I've added the details I believe are correct to the original post but I'm not sure if they are right

@ oldskoolforever - wouldn't the date of Sasha #2 be before #3?

@ gingermelv - what about the Rider sets before April? Surely one of them would be #1

I'm not saying you are wrong. I've gone through the flyers and some sets seem to be included in the number sequence and other don't.

As you said they are a nightmare. The close proximity of the sets makes it difficult to put a date on them, especially when there is no MC on the tapes

@ gingermelv - wouldn't the date of Sasha #2 be before #3?

@ oldskoolforever - what about the Rider sets before April? Surely one of them would be #1

I'm not saying you are wrong. I've gone through the flyers and some sets seem to be included in the number sequence and other don't.

No idea about Grooverider sets, perhaps you got us mixed up there.

The Sasha sets are a nightmare, because some are on the Blast From The Past packs & people also then label that the individual number. Are the individual Sasha tapes actually numbered ? I've only had one tape so far and it just said "Sasha" on the Eclipse inlay. It matches the mix on BFTP #3 pack Nov/Dec 90. So, should that be Sasha #1 ?

Sorry oldskoolforever. I got you mixed up in my last post.

Logically I would say Sasha BFTP#3 is Sasha #1 because it was recorded first but I'm not sure. The BFTP numbers are irrelevant because the packs just contained random sets and were released in 1996, I think. The original Sasha tapes were numbered 1 - 10 but there are contradicting posts, tracklists etc. as to which mix is which. My logic would be that the numbers would follow the date that they were released - surely Sasha #1 would be recorded and released before Sasha #2? I think my Sasha #1 (mp3 not tape) was recorded in Nov/Dec 90 - the first tune is Catch - I'm Free

Sorry oldskoolforever. I got you mixed up in my last post.

Logically I would say Sasha BFTP#3 is Sasha #1 because it was recorded first but I'm not sure. The BFTP numbers are irrelevant because the packs just contained random sets and were released in 1996, I think. The original Sasha tapes were numbered 1 - 10 but there are contradicting posts, tracklists etc. as to which mix is which. My logic would be that the numbers would follow the date that they were released - surely Sasha #1 would be recorded and released before Sasha #2? I think my Sasha #1 (mp3 not tape) was recorded in Nov/Dec 90 - the first tune is Catch - I'm Free

Yes agree, the BFTP numbers are irrelevant as they are random sets put on the packs - it's just a problem when people label them #3 etc. instead of saying it came from BFTP !

Your Sasha #1 is probably correct as it is one of the earliest (Note it's also on the BFTP Vol 5 pack.). However, what about my tape that is also from Nov/Dec 90, which is from BFTP Pack 3 ?

I have another Sasha set which I have dated 14 Dec 90 - first tune is Black Riot - Just Make That Move. This doesn't seem to be included in the numbered tapes 1 - 10. This could be the other tape from the BTFP pack?

The problem with the tapes is that not every mix is released as #1, #2, #3 etc. Sasha played lot of Eclipse nights until summer 91 but Sasha #4 was recorded on 21st June 91. If the tapes were released in date and number sequence, Sasha 5 - 10 would have been recorded from July 91 onwards but, according to the flyers, is unlikely as he doesn't seem to play that many nights after June 91. I have two other Sasha sets apparently recorded in Feb 91 that (again apparently!) aren't included in the 1 -10 mixes. Maybe the sets weren't released in number and date sequence?

I have another Sasha set which I have dated 14 Dec 90 - first tune is Black Riot - Just Make That Move. This doesn't seem to be included in the numbered tapes 1 - 10. This could be the other tape from the BTFP pack?

Yes that's my tape & it is on the BFTP 3 pack. Like you say, it doesn't seem to be included in the single tapes 1-10, which is strange as I thought the BFTP packs were taken from the single tapes. Maybe this one was a one off ?

I found an image of the cover which says "Sasha Part 3", although my tape is just in a standard single Eclipse inlay.

http://sbradyman.ang...ha-eclipse3.jpg

Yes, i suspect that the Sasha tapes are certainly not in number & date order.

I think 'Sasha Part 3' is a 60 minute version of his set from the Energy night on 14 Dec 90. If you have a look at it on Discogs (I can't post a link for some reason) there is a tracklist and Xpansions - Elevation is the second tune but it drops after about 20 mins on the version I have, which lasts 1hr 15 mins. I would guess 'Sasha Part 3' was released around the same time as the BFTP packs as a lot of the sets on them are cut from 90ish mins (although this one was only 75 to start with) on the original tapes to 60 mins. Maybe the part 3 relates to BFTP#3, as opposed to the original Sasha #3?

Do you know if the Carl Cox mix from 14 Dec 90 is Carl Cox #1?

• 2 weeks later...