is dj regulate dillinja?

Guest monkfish

Guest monkfish
found loads of old flyers the other day when having a clearout and 2 or 3 of em sez dj regulate (aka dillinja) on them. could be another alias he might have produced under ??? :wacko:

From dnba:

While links had been forged with Fabio and Bryan Gee, alongside longtime friends Clarky and DJ Regulate (who would all regularly cut his new offerings), one of [Dillinja's]first major breaks was...

I've got a hunch it's another person who Dillinja engineered for, like that Vinyl Addiction single that sounds exactly like him...

Also: http://hjem.get2net.dk/indajungle/artists/dillinja.htm

Equinox backs up my hunch, and if ever there were a man who knows his old skool dillinja, it's Equi!

If you've got someone you think knows his old skool Dilly, have him listen to this clip for me: Ron 8. It desperately needs an ID and it sure does sound like Dillinja. :mrgreen:

Guest monkfish
got nuff flyers that say dj regulate aka dillinja so ill try to scan them in n figure out how to send em there all from 94 95 96 era onwards ,there proper raves aswell no small poncey flyers from sum mad rave

i can confirm that regulate was dillinja on the hardleaders releases,as to wether dj regulate is dillinja ...that question is still open

DJ Regulate is the same Regulate who was on Hardleaders. The tunes on Hardleaders were 100% engieneered by Dillinja, but I do not think that he was actually Regulate

Fuck knows though. This one is still confusing :(

Guest monkfish
i will try to find out more about this topic ,some of my mates are positive its dillinja so next to asking him himself i cant be shure but they have the maddest amen or dillinja tunes and they told me tuff tunes was him, the suspect package album was him and lemon d or at least the 1st and 2nd vinyls of it ,and conquerer records came about just to release their records more or less. they know MANY other dillinja alias and i will try to get more of them,

• 1 month later...
Guest monkfish
right pretty sure dillinja is regulate now , i have 7 flyers saying the same dj regulate (dillinja). warning in cambridge i think, dubshack (northern version of bluenote at the time . 3 separate flyers for different raves at claction pier.and i think the other two are either desire or one nation all from 95-96 period. i know its a boring subject now but its got to be him , too much evidence otherwise but i'm no doubt wrong again and will get corrected.

• 5 months later...
find the answer here ;)

but no disrespect

who is JJ and is his information correct?

I know that "brotherhood" by regulate on hardleaders was played on kiss fm by randall or rider back in the day when it was made - and was announced on air as being by dillinja - that plate sounds so much like dillinja that it's clear he's had input in the production at least.

but no disrespect

who is JJ and is his information correct?

Why does it matter who I am?? :P :D

The information is correct and isn't just a guess. It was taken from an interview with Clarky in early 96 where he talks about tunes he has made. His comments make it clear that Dillinja and DJ Regulate are different people. I've checked online tonight and found this interview that confirms this:

".....alongside longtime friends Clarky and DJ Regulate (who would all regularly cut his new offerings)"

http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/dillinja/read.htm

I agree with JJ on this one. Like I said I used to listen to Regulate DJ on the radio and I was always sure that he wasn't Dillinja, they even mentioned on the show that the tunes were engineered by Dillinja but were by Regulate.

The tunes on Hardleaders do sound exactly like Dillinja, you're right. But, then again, so do tunes "made" by Bert but everyone agrees that he's a different artist!

• 1 year later...

I think that Regulate = Lemon D.

I've read before that Lemon D's early stuff was engineered by Dillinja (I think it says that in the Metalheadz Platinum Breakz CD booklet) and i've heard that they were next-door neighbours for a while... If it was Lemon D under an alias, it would fit with the fact that Regulate used to bigup Dillinja on the radio for the engineering and stuff...

Also...

I remember DJ Bailey once played an amen tune on his 1Xtra show and couldn't remember what it was called. He said it was an old track by Lemon D on Hardleaders which he couldn't remember the name of (he used to put stickers over the names on the labels back then to hide the titles). It turned out to be this: http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/hardleaders/hl03 Despite forgetting what it was, he knows Lemon D well so probably remembers the tune was by him but any knowledge of it being under an alias must have been forgotten because he would have mentioned that it was an old Regulate track, as opposed to a Lemon D one.

:think: