Darkman

Bhima

The Darkman tune on the AWOL lp is credited to a 'M.Morris'

Aha. Do you have the LP? If so, could you check this thread and tell me if the Darkman tune is the same as that clip? http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42294

So does anyone else have any other Darkman vinyl with this name on it? maybe it was a printing error... I believe DJ SS if he said it himself and, as this Darkman is on Formation records it's GOT to be him... :huh:

Wait a second... Your mix tracklistings say that it's the Rinse002 version. Haste already confirmed it wasn't that... Is the Rinse002 version the same as the one on the AWOL LP?

But on the other hand it would be strange that SS would release a bunch of tunes on Flex sublabels (Rinse Out, Little Rollers)... so my guess is there's 2 (or more!) Darkman artists. The formation ones are SS, the others Mark Morris (all Flex related).

Wait a second... Your mix tracklistings say that it's the Rinse002 version. Haste already confirmed it wasn't that... Is the Rinse002 version the same as the one on the AWOL LP?

Yeah, when I do a TL I'll always put the original cat# if I'm playing something off a compilation. The tune on the mix is off the awol lp. So is the tune on rinse different from the tune on the awol lp?

Also, and I was thinking about this today, the 'Dis Sound Ruff' on the awol lp sounds very SS to me, whereas the tune in the clip you posted doesn't. Don;t quite know what bearing that has, if any. I'm very confused right now! :wacko:

No...different tracks. Not spelled the same.

So either:

A) There are 2 differnet 'DARKMAN' artists with similar named tracks

or

B) The same artist has two different similar named tracks

I remember wanting to get the rinse record because I loved the 'Dis sound ruff' track from the AWOL live mix, but thought I'd have more chance of picking up the rinse record. So they are different tracks? I haven't even heard the rinse one so maybe there's some remix action going on in-between?

This is NUTS! :wacko:

Sorry, this is getting way more confusing than it should have and I'm not helping!

I didn't realise there were Darkman releases on Formation

http://www.rolldabeats.com/artist/darkman/...ort_by_year/asc

Darkman needs splitting. Everything before 94 is SS...everything after is Mark Morris

Simple!

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/sapho/saph008

Actually, I think this might actually be another artist altogether.

"London Vs Frankfurt"?

SS is from Leicester and, even though it's not impossible, the Flex artist is likely to be from round the Midlands as most artists signed to the label were locals at that time. Also the Flex artists doesn't seem to have released anything pre-1994, let alone in 1992.

What do you all think? Bhima, you could ask SS about this on Myspace?

Yeah, when I do a TL I'll always put the original cat# if I'm playing something off a compilation. The tune on the mix is off the awol lp. So is the tune on rinse different from the tune on the awol lp?

Yes, completely different tracks. They aren't written the same way

"Dis sound ruff"

"This sounds rough"

Nothing in the tunes is the same, except they both use the Amen