BC / Bad Company unreleased tunes

Kevlar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... was the Mutated with the 2001 vocal ever available on wax?? I've got the official one (Version X) and heard the promo which was the same...

So are there early TP's with the 2001 vocal (as I've got an unmixed one on MP3) or does it remain unreleased?

Guest elhornet
oh yes also bc used to be in the habit of doing super low runs of tp's for some releases, i have a few of tunes like araknid and theres one of the original version of submarines which has a tune on the flip that came out on a different single, will try dig it up

oh yes also bc used to be in the habit of doing super low runs of tp's for some releases, i have a few of tunes like araknid and theres one of the original version of submarines which has a tune on the flip that came out on a different single, will try dig it up

hmm. Any ideas on the actual # of pressings? If it's under 50 I'm tempted to call it unreleased - 50 or fewer TPs might as well be dubplates IMO

hmm.  Any ideas on the actual # of pressings?  If it's under 50 I'm tempted to call it unreleased - 50 or fewer TPs might as well be dubplates IMO

no. if it is on vinyl, not matter how small the quantity, then it is "released"

hmm.  Any ideas on the actual # of pressings?  If it's under 50 I'm tempted to call it unreleased - 50 or fewer TPs might as well be dubplates IMO

no. if it is on vinyl, not matter how small the quantity, then it is "released"

That doesn't make sense

How doesn't it make sense? if vinyl pressings of it exist, then surely it's available, no matter how hard it may be to track a copy down?

I see acetate dubplates on eBay all the time, so surely I could buy one and play it in a set -- so it's available, right?

dubs are one off presses. TPs come off a master that was intended for a produciton run and have a numbered, if very limited, run

you can buy anything second hand on ebay but a dub has no catalogue number and limited shelf life seeing as one day it will sound like shit. it's not an official press and shouldn't be regarded as one.

dubs don't count, TPs do

i make the rules, ok :lol:

dubs are one off presses. TPs come off a master that was intended for a produciton run.

you can buy anything second hand but a dub has no catalogue number and limited shelf life seeing as one day it will sound like shit.

dubs don't count

TPs do

i make the rules, ok  :lol:

That's fine, just be clear, I don't want any slippery slope bullshit going on round these parts :wink:

tit

Guest elhornet

most the bc tp's had a cat number or at least an etching

we do them at breakbeat kaos as well sometimes, the etching on the tp will just say the name of the tune on each side

i wouldnt say thats released, but its sure not a dub

most the bc tp's had a cat number or at least an etching

we do them at breakbeat kaos as well sometimes, the etching on the tp will just say the name of the tune on each side

i wouldnt say thats released, but its sure not a dub

Let's see how our know-it-all rulemaster accounts for this bit of confounding testimony :lol: :D