akira

blah

the spiral tribe ep has a track that just goes "do it now" and that is sampled from the film akira and it's the skinhead general when they are in the underground freezer and he says "open the door- do it NOW".

also a string from the dream sequence is used in the track as well, another version of that track that I cannot remember any info other that it was called df118 - and it didn't have the akira samples in it so I wonder if they nicked it and put the akira samples and the ragga chat over the top.

various techno tracks have sampled it too but I cannot think of any at the moment.

I think that Hype took some samples from this film...something off the soundtrack I think. Or at least that's what someone told me many moons ago.

Might have been those oohs & aahs that he used in a few tues back in 95 e.g. in the RIP Remix

Guest james flames
I think that Hype took some samples from this film...something off the soundtrack I think. Or at least that's what someone told me many moons ago.

Might have been those oohs & aahs that he used in a few tues back in 95 e.g. in the RIP Remix

yo word up on manga tings

• 6 years later...

"capsules"

"how'bout it?"

"just shove 'em out man"

"arrrrgh it's my brains"

"that's what's been beating around in my head all this time"

Potential Bad Boy - Capsules - [ibiza Records]

(I nearly typed in "Potential Lady Boy", not sure what this says about me)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

"After all humans are descended from monkeys, right? And before that insects and then fish and long before that plankton and one cell amoeba. When you think about it, each life form must have its own energy.”

"If they evolved, they must hold some memory locked inside. If it could reach back, even before the beginning of time"

"This time, that energy will be ours"

DJ Soul Slinger - Evolution - [Jungle Sky]