Break name: Journey From The Light

Artist: 4 Hero
Track name: Journey From The Light
Original release: 4 Hero - Journey From The Light
Label: Reinforced Records
Cat number: RIVET 1235
Year: 1993
Drummer: Based on Ike Turner's Funky Mule

Also available on: The CD version of Journey From The Light...

Example: Krome & Time - The License

Note: After a long search for the Funky Mule with the little 'Uh!' at the end, I found some youtube guy (NuMoominba) who also used it. I asked him, he said he just ripped it from the 4 Hero tune. I realized 4 Hero must have made it up themselves. After listening closely to the tune, it sounds like the break lacks the 'Uh!' at some points, so this must be the original then. Besides, it has the break clean, so it's fair to say that this is a 2nd Funky Mule. Bit of a letdown though, I hoped it was some obscure hiphop break.  :(

Armed with an Akai and Atari

#2 BOJCOT SELECTAH

BOJCOT SELECTAH

Music enthusiast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

i've been checking this tune, there's a loud and significant UH sound all through the song, but thats not a vocal sample. in the last part of the tune you can indeed hear a vocal Uh everonce and a while

the "Uh" that you can hear is a muffeled uh in a break from a tune called  "let the woman be a woman let a man be a man" by Dyke and the blazers         the break itself is not used, but there's many 4-hero tunes that do have the break in it.

#3 selectabwoy

selectabwoy

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:01 PM

View PostAnthonyDavid, on 29 June 2011 - 07:33 PM, said:

I hoped it was some obscure hiphop break.  Posted Image

DJ Food - Circus Maximus from Jazz Brakes Volume 2 consists largely of various loops of the Ike Turner break with heavier EQ and the added 'uh' in some places. Following deliberation with Sonar's Ghost it's likely this is the 4 Hero source - if correct then I guess likely that JFTL = 3rd gen source for Krome & Time etc as presume it was more readily available?
Have an mp3 (cheers Dom) if someone can tell me how to post a clip...

#4 Chinny Reckon

Chinny Reckon

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:23 AM

Yeah, I found this a while ago, had been meaning to add it to the breaks section.

View Postselectabwoy, on 22 April 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

I guess likely that JFTL = 3rd gen source for Krome & Time etc as presume it was more readily available?
Have an mp3 (cheers Dom) if someone can tell me how to post a clip...

There's no reason to presume that, those DJ Food albums are hardly rare.