DJ Monk - I Spy [KLP - KLP04]

haste

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do you know what his real name is so we can put it in the database? Also, what town/city is he living in?

Wicked producer, I bet a few people will be wondering what happened to him, not a name that's been around in a few years

Do you know what his real name is so we can put it in the database? Also, what town/city is he living in?

Wicked producer, I bet a few people will be wondering what happened to him, not a name that's been around in a few years

From small dark clubs to massive outdoor festivals, always turning it out - it is here where you, the subterranean public may encounter The Monk...... the Mack-Of-All-Trades, dj/producer/artist and overall hustler of culture. Banging out a soundtrack of underground party music that jumps from hard house and breaks to slamming disco-tech, and twisted techno, to drum and bass rinse-outs, the dreadlocked Monk punishes the crossfader as he works one record against another in a style that owes more to hip hop than to conventional club DJ'ing.

As one of the Founders of Rabbit in the Moon, Pimp Juice and Hallucination Records, Monk is a corner stone of the Southeastern U.S. Scene and has established himself as a devoted player in the Electronic Music Industry worldwide. Best known for his early work and collaboration with Confucius in the collective "Rabbit In The Moon" and as the opening dj to the RITM live show for over a decade ('92-2002), Monk is breaking new ground with several new innovative audio-visual projects.

One of the most versatile djs around, Monk is known for his unique dj sets ranging from his traditional hardbangin' house -vs- funky breaks style with a touch of drum & bass & hip hop, to a deeper "Dark Side Of The Monk" set that leans toward a darker tech-house meets tribal & disco house style. If Monk can't make yo' booty move, yo' booty must be dead. Voted in BPM magazine as receiving the "most fan email nominations" in the country and one of Americas Favorite DJs - March 2003, Monk has forged his place in the underground dance community. A forefather of the Hallucination-Generation, originator, innovator, guaranteed to rock tha party, Monk continues to freak the funk week in & week out headlining shows across the nation.

source:

discogs

i have to say i love his "see you no more" remix on greensleeves,probably my fav. of their ragga jungle releases

That's not the same person...DJ Monk the jungle producer is from the UK, not the US

someone needs to change the discography at discogs then because it's this dj monk who has the greensleeves,street tuff,etc.. records under his name there <_<

(just checked it,they also got the right dj monk with discography but not all of it,so there are 2 dj monks and the one we're talking about his work is spread over the 2)

• 1 month later...
I spy, what do you spy

P-U-S-S-Y wid a tight needle eye.

All di girls dem.

Eye no see, but di buddy a go feel

if di punnany fat and di punnany real

these vocals sound like sampled from some dancehall tune...

does anyone know ?

cheers,

• 10 months later...