Please read before posting here...

haste

We'll be using this forum to record sample sources for tunes that we have in the database. Ideally we'd like to concentrate on dnb/jungle/hardcore tunes and not random others that we have from other genres.

How to list sources:

The thread title should be the name of the sample source. You must record what type of source the sample is (film, song, TV etc.) in the title (use the second post title field for this)

Genres of sample source currently in use

Film

Song

TV

Person

Soundclash Recording

Live Recording

- If this is a song then the title should have the artist and track name, record label information can be inlcuded if you know it.

- If this is a movie then please include the full title of the film and provide a link in the post to its listing in the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com).

- Use the Sample CD label only if the item is really unique. We don't want everything that has ever graced a sample CD and was lifted from another song to be credited to a sample CD. Which means Simon Harris' "Beats, Breaks & Scratches" series can never be quoted as a source... (can't think of anything original on those).

In the main body of the post please include full details of the tune(s) that samples it (in the format Artist - Track Name [Label]) with a description of what is sampled in as much detail as to make it understandable. If you can provide a transcript for the words sung or spoken in the sample then please include it. If the sample source you are posting about is listed in the database then please provide a link in the post.

Other people may add other tunes that use the same sample source by posting replies in the same thread. Please search to make sure that a sample source isn't already listed before posting a new thread.

If you are posting a sample from a tape of a rave/live event then please use the name and date of the rave/club night as the thread title. The post should contain the DJ whose set the sample is from and the MC that says the vocal if this is what is used

This is the minimum information needed, anything else you'd like to add is welcome.

You should only list something if you are 100% certain of it being correct. Do not include informaton that you have heard form some other source and have not verified. We may ask for proof, this may not have to be an audio clip but at least a number of people who can verify that the information is correct.

You should also be very suspicious if the sampled song is very recent. In most cases both are based on the same, older song.

If you are unsure about how to list items then please look at some of my posts in this forum and copy that style.

Important...

Please do not request sample IDs anywhere in this forum, it is for posting information on sources only

Please do not list samples of drum breaks in this forum. This is solely for vocal, musical etc. samples not for drum beats. There will be another forum with breaks related information in it

Edited by haste

Nice one, man. I'd concentrate your efforts on the breaks stuff. These lists aren't going anywhere or anything and there's a lot to be done on them so might as well get one area polished off nicely first.

I think this samples bit will take a while to get anywhere near "complete" from the lists we have already

What if we know a sample that has been used, but do not know the name of the tune?

For example, the following sample was taken out of "Coming to America - Eddie Murphy film"..."what is going on... and why are you being so nice" and used in an old skool tune - but I would need someone's help IDing the tune - would I have to go via the Tune ID section of the forum first?

The tune you're looking for is Mixrace - Mixrace outta hand on Moving Shadow

And it's already in my list :)

Anyway, I think I'll go through my own list. Gives me the opportunity to make a remark for submitted ID's that I'm not sure of... Can't do it this weekend though as I'll be in London :)

And it's already in my list :)

Anyway, I think I'll go through my own list. Gives me the opportunity to make a remark for submitted ID's that I'm not sure of... Can't do it this weekend though as I'll be in London :)

Yeah there are loads of things on your list that aren't in the forum yet. Plenty of entries that I've made that have another 5 or so tunes to be added.

If you wanna go through your list that's perfect, I'll concentrate on the DOA one. How long you gonna be in town for? Send me a PM if you need to know anything :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Apologies for fucking up the entry of the few samples I've added so far, hope you guys can sort it out.

I'm unable to go back and edit as I can't validate my account (I've tried all the stuff in the validation email) so I can't log in and have to do it as a guest. Can anyone help?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

can someone find out the real name of the artists on the reach out accapella used by zinc in the reach out tune he did on tru playaz. another list is being made for that soon

also it might be known as "my souls on ice"???if that help

• 1 month later...

just noticed that for ages ive started doing my posts like I type at home i.e. name of track then artist then label .when I did my first posts on this site I did them like it says in the rules artist ,track,label, but have gone on to doing it my way for some reason .

is that really annoying for you or not because if it is i'll stop doing them that way and do them as I should (even though it's taken this long to realize that) .

If you can write them in the format specified then it would be much quicker for us to extract the info when we come to updating the database. It can be easier to miss some stuff out when going through posts if it's all written out in paragraphs and not split up

• 6 months later...