rolldabeats relaunched!

haste

We've been very busy behind the scenes for a long time now and finally the time has come to unleash the newly re-designed rolldabeats on the public. Hopefully it'll make your lives just that little bit easier and you'll enjoy the new look as well as some of the new features that we've added.

What's new?

rolldabeats redesigned

Hopefully not a massive departure from the old familiar pages but we've given rdb a lick of paint and worked on improving the navigation around the place. User info is now accessible from the header with more menu buttons available to get you around quicker.

All-new homepage

We've improved the content on the home page to keep users up to date with new additions, forthcoming events, the latest news and a whole host of other stuff.

Sound clips for tracks

A long time coming but we now have sound clips for around 2,000 of the tracks in the database. We'll be adding many more in the near future so click the play icon next to a track name to play a clip -> http://www.rolldabeats.com/images/icon_play.png

User-added comments

Registered users can now comment on any release, artist or label in the database.

User-added release ratings

Rate your favourite, or not so favourite, releases using the stars on the release pages.

Browse pages

Browse through all the artists and labels in the database using this brand new part of the site.

Favourites

Add your favourite artists and labels to your profile with a link next to your collection and wishlist for quick access wherever you are on the site.

Genres

Tracks in the database can now have genres assigned to them. This can be set by the admin team only at the moment but you will start to notice genres showing up on release, artist and label pages in the near future.

Collection/wishlist

Main pages completely redesigned to match the label and artist pages. Users can now add releases to their collection or wishlist from the label and artist pages by clicking the new, easy to use buttons. Export to Excel is now possible with some more formats in the pipeline and you can now see how many people have or want a tune from the release pages.

There are plenty more changes around the place, these are just the biggest ones. We hope you enjoy the new site

Some important notices

*Old collection and wishlist links will no longer work*

Collections and wishlists now use the following format:

www.rolldabeats.com/collection/username/

www.rolldabeats.com/wishlist/username/

e.g.

www.rolldabeats.com/collection/haste/

www.rolldabeats.com/wishlist/haste/

(username is case non-specific -- ie, Haste, haste, or hAsTe would all work)

If you are unsure of what your URL is just log in to the site and click the collection and wishlist buttons on the menu bar. Anyone experiencing problems should get in touch with Haste - haste at rolldabeats dot com

Help RDB out

The site costs money to run and takes up a lot of our time. If you use it regularly perhaps you could show your support by checking out the merchandise - all profits go straight back into improving RDB.

Help out with sound clips - we need people to help create and upload sound clips for the site. More info can be found in the sound clips thread.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah post em here.

What error are you getting?

Very sluggish when viewing collection (bare in mind mines 2500 now), I changed it to list All and firefox froze and crashed. Tried it again and it didn't crash but took about 5 minutes to list the script. Tried to change it back to view 200 at a time and it's still far too slow and was stopping me using any other tabs while it loaded.

Very sluggish when viewing collection (bare in mind mines 2500 now), I changed it to list All and firefox froze and crashed. Tried it again and it didn't crash but took about 5 minutes to list the script. Tried to change it back to view 200 at a time and it's still far too slow and was stopping me using any other tabs while it loaded.

That's a tricky one. The size of the page created when you view 2,500 strong collections is massive. Mine's the same size but I've never had it crash my browser before.

I don't know what can really be done but I'll have a think...

Another bug: Images are in the wrong order, the second image (usually the back cover of the artwork) is showing in the artwork screen on the release page.

Update looks good though, sorry to point out bugs but best we record them as we see them so they can get fixed.

That's a tricky one. The size of the page created when you view 2,500 strong collections is massive. Mine's the same size but I've never had it crash my browser before.

I don't know what can really be done but I'll have a think...

Yea it's definitely down to the size. Is a shame though as the old site was pretty much instant. Even with 200 a page it's very slow, and its a pain viewing the collection at 50 releases a time. I'll get in the habit of exporting to excel I guess when needing to view the whole lot.

i use firefox and have severe problems displaying the new site.

loaded up in i.e. though and have to say it looks great!

big ups to all those involved. the sound clips idea is awesome.

anyone else having problems in firefox? do u want me to post screen shots??

EDIT: just did an f5 and it looks fine now!

using firefox 3.0.6

using the + buttons to add items to my collection is causing my browser to hang about 1 in 5 times.

from the list view or from within individual releases. basically the browser becomes non responsive (gets the not responding message in the title bar). I can't switch tabs so i don't think it's just crappy server response times or anything like that. I can kill the process or close the program no problems.

i imagine a description so vague is going to be hard to track down. has anyone reported problems with any addons? I have adblock plus, fireftp and java quick starter in my list but i can't see why any of these would cause problems.

Cheeky cheeky ;-)

Keeping this one the quiet eh guys. I too have been working in the background. I have around 3000 DnB tunes now recorded. Course, it'll take a while to grab shorter clippings for the new sound clip feature, but I'll be contributing for you all.

I haven't had chance to look at all the new features properly yet, but it looks great guys.

Big ups, FuZion.

Nice work, the site is looking heavy.

One question though, how do I export my collection to Excel, I can't seem to see an option for it?

Should be just underneath the header on your collection page. Are you not seeing it there?

using firefox 3.0.6

using the + buttons to add items to my collection is causing my browser to hang about 1 in 5 times.

from the list view or from within individual releases. basically the browser becomes non responsive (gets the not responding message in the title bar). I can't switch tabs so i don't think it's just crappy server response times or anything like that. I can kill the process or close the program no problems.

i imagine a description so vague is going to be hard to track down. has anyone reported problems with any addons? I have adblock plus, fireftp and java quick starter in my list but i can't see why any of these would cause problems.

Not had anyone else report this and i'm struggling to recreate it on Firefox (2 or 3) over here. It's just a simple AJAX call for each of those buttons so I'm surprised that you're getting an issue here.

I wouldn't have thought it was tied to the addons you have installed.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?