ID for Pete Rock Beat On Mecca & The Soul Brother

gritzNgravy

Im sure everyone has listened to Mecca & The Soul Brother Album from Pete Rock & C.L Smooth.Thiers a track called "The Basement" on ther album.Before it gets into the actual song thiers a beat that plays for a couple seconds then it dims out & rides into the actual song.Ive heard the break beat before used by a couple mcs back in the early 90's.Can anyone name the origin of that break beat sample?If not named a couple other tracks that have used that break beat before.Peace.

Im sure everyone has listened to Mecca & The Soul Brother Album from Pete Rock & C.L Smooth.Thiers a track called "The Basement" on ther album.Before it gets into the actual song thiers a beat that plays for a couple seconds then it dims out & rides into the actual song.Ive heard the break beat before used by a couple mcs back in the early 90's.Can anyone name the origin of that break beat sample?If not named a couple other tracks that have used that break beat before.Peace.

ah damn yeah i sort of remember the name, express 80 I think it's called but can't remember who by, i know i have it somwhere so i will search for it!

• 2 years later...