Break used in Total Science - 'Out of Touch' (RHLP03)

tremzdnb

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Intelligent Hoodlum - Arrest the president is where the whining siren sound is from, not sure they used the break underneath it though which is an edit of Soul Pride. There is a part in Intelligent Hoodlum where the whine is isolated. Not sure if you want the whine or the break. The video you posted has gone and the new videos on youtube dont match up with the seconds you describe (probably uploaded at different speed) but as far as i can tell the whine does not come in on the intro which makes me confused as to what you want. There is obviously the use of Big Daddy Kane - Raw break throughout the whole tune which is a second generation of Bobby Byrd - Hot Pants. They have used it with a low band width setting, something they used to do regularly to give it a grainy sizzling sound. And then there are numerous cyclic time-stretched breaks, time-stretched so heavily that I couldn't tell you which ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhhvnyFhqm4

• 2 months later...

Intelligent Hoodlum - Arrest the president is where the whining siren sound is from, not sure they used the break underneath it though which is an edit of Soul Pride. There is a part in Intelligent Hoodlum where the whine is isolated. Not sure if you want the whine or the break. The video you posted has gone and the new videos on youtube dont match up with the seconds you describe (probably uploaded at different speed) but as far as i can tell the whine does not come in on the intro which makes me confused as to what you want. There is obviously the use of Big Daddy Kane - Raw break throughout the whole tune which is a second generation of Bobby Byrd - Hot Pants. They have used it with a low band width setting, something they used to do regularly to give it a grainy sizzling sound. And then there are numerous cyclic time-stretched breaks, time-stretched so heavily that I couldn't tell you which ones.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XhhvnyFhqm4

You legend. Sorry for the late reply, I've been without the net for a few months. I thought the 'whine' sound was part of the break! Thanks a lot mate, been after this ID for ages!