5 (or 6) tracks from 1991 Rave/Hardcore mix

rpm1200

Hello,

I recorded a mix of mostly Rave/Hardcore tracks from a station here in Rochester back in 1991. The show was Ultrapulse with DJ Deep Dish (he is now known as Nev). There are a number of tracks I would love to identify.

Maybe this one is not technically a hardcore track (Hi NRG? House?) but I'd like to know what it is... main distinguishing feature is the vocal sample "Givin' it all I've got". I have heard the bassline at :19 in the sample used on other tracks.

sample 1

ID: Norty Cotto "Giving It All I Got" from DJ's Delite - Volume 1 (12")

The next one does not have a bassline, just a looped break layered with samples from lots of sources. I know the melody at the beginning is from a house track; Frankie Bones also used that sample on "And the Break Goes Again" from Bonesbreaks 5. Then at :07 there's a sample from MC Lyte, "Name is crack" (from I Cram to Understand U). Then at :16 it's the intro of "Hall of Mirrors" by Kraftwerk, back to the house sample, then followed by "Take Me Away (A-Capella)" by Bridgett Grace at :25. I don't know what the rap at 1:02 is sampled from.

Note that the DJ starts mixing in a track with heavy bass at :25. I am not particularly interested in that one (which features a sample of someone saying "sometimes I feel like I could explode").

sample 2

ID: Unknown Artist - Virgo (12")

Track number 3 is an Amen-driven hardcore track with "murder" and "this is London" samples.

sample 3

ID: Sonic Experience "M.T.S (murder those speakers mix)" on Protien (12")

I'd actually like two IDs for track 4. The DJ played a rap acapella (could it be "Don't Hold Back!"???) over the base track from :23 to 1:07.

The music track has a Spanish phrase sample I can't identify and the track periodically samples the drum loop from Space Opera's "Space 3001".

sample 4

Edit: Liz Torres sample ID'd. Sample is not really from Space 3001, it's an unidentified track on a compilation that also has Space 3001.

ID: Arthur Baker - Silly Games (12", Promo)

The last one is pure instrumental and unfortunately the DJ is talking over most of the unmixed part. This one is a very intriguing track. Is the break at :22 the same one from "Crazy"? If not it sounds very similar...

sample 5

ID: Indo Tribe - I've Become What You Were

Thanks everyone!

RPM

Only thing I can add is that your 'spanish phrase' is "No more mind games" from the Liz Torres tune with that title.

But don't forget a site like tuneid.com, since they have a much broader audience.

Good catch, thanks for the Liz Torres ID. Also thanks for the suggestion - I registered on tuneid and will crosspost there.

RPM

• 3 years later...