Hardleaders

Ornette

http://www.rolldabeats.com/label/hardleaders

I've just noticed there is no confirmation that any of the artists are anyone on any of the early releases.

Cat / Release artist / current RDB alias

---------------------------------------------

HL01, HL07, HL14 - Capone (Dillinja)

Well OK I think this one has been confirmed

HL02, HL12 - Soul-Jah (Lemon D)

yeah, this one too - the album confirmed this as Lemon D I believe

HL03, HL08, HL11 - Regulate (...errr...)

DJ Regulate is all it says on the first, Regulate on the 3rd.

Note: it says written and produced by Regulate on all of them...

HL04 - Basic Influence (Dilinja)

There is no proof that this is Dillinja from what I know, other than its got his mark all over it

HL05 Solution To Sound (unknown)

not seen the label yet

HL06 - Funky Elements (Regulate)

not seen a label, but what makes us think this is Regulate???

HL09 - Apex (Dillinja)

THis is one in particular I am not convinced of. According to the label details, this release should actually display as:

A. Apex - T Dance (Spys Like Us Remix)

B. Spys Like Us - Spys

Where on earth do we get Dillinja from? From all we know, it is this Apex

It would seem to me that Apex is probably a member of Spys Like Us, but I'd have no idea who the other member(s) is(are).

Note: the release artist should defo remain Apex - that is what is bold at the top of the label on the B side.

http://www.rolldabeats.com/artist/spies_like_us (this should be spys, not spies)

HL10 - Decoder (Decoder)

well we know who Decoder is

HL13 - Cryogenics (unknown)

nothing other than Cryogenics on label

HL15 DJ Ash Presents Venom (unknown)

No details here other than DJ Ash... thread started so I wont go about it here http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php...55&hl=venom

Everything starts to become more transparent from here on, but these early releases are all very vague and perhaps require a closer look to be taken.

Thought I'd point this out considering the Regulate controversy elsewhere

HL06 - Funky Elements (Regulate)

not seen a label, but what makes us think this is Regulate???

I don't know, but, according to Mark XTC, you're correct! I'll ask him about all the others... He had releases on there within months of some of the releases you're talking about.

Also, I heard Dillinja talking about "Still Waters" once in an interview. It's definately him!

OK I'm pretty sure that Basic Influence is Dillinja; that I saw him mention as alias in an interview. Thats not the one thats really my query here. The things that I am tring to point out is that we seem to have assumed a lot here - some of which is no doubt right, some of which is seemingly incorrect!

- in particular Funky Elements, Apex and of course Regulate

"...Funky Elements (Regulate)..."

I don't know, but, according to Mark XTC, you're correct!

What did you mean here? It seems to indicate you are saying Funky Elements is Regulate - are you saying Regulate is a diiferent person now?

If you can glean some info on Cryogenenics that would be ace!

What did you mean here? It seems to indicate you are saying Funky Elements is Regulate - are you saying Regulate is a diiferent person now?

If you can glean some info on Cryogenenics that would be ace!

I meant that I asked Mark and he said Regulate = Funky Elements. Doesn't really matter now, seen as it's been proven in the other thread.

I'll try and get more info on all the other unknown artists on HL.

• 1 month later...

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/hardleaders/hl03

Is etched, and labelled, HL003

Track names should read:

A. Brotherhood

AA. Brotherhood (Regulate Rework)

You've omited Regulate as credit for the 'rework' mix, which is far enough, however you have it typed "Re-work" which is incorrect

You've omited Regulate as credit for the 'rework' mix, which is far enough, however you have it typed "Re-work" which is incorrect

Actually, whenever possible I would like to add the artist for the remix explicitly. So this indeed should be Regulate Rework.

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/hardleaders/hl04

Is etched & labelled HL004

Is this really a 1995 release? I only got it in 1996. The label states 1995 but I think that may be wrong.

Capone - Massive was Mickey Finn's first tune at World Dance 4th Nov 1995... and I didn't hear Still Waters until early 1996 when Jumping Jack Frost played it on one of his Kiss 100 show in January.

The artist credit is 'The Basic Influence' incidently