Orphans

thijs

What I want to list here are remixes found in the database with a missing (drum & bass) original. Hopefully some of you can help out finding the missing original.

ASC - Magnetic Fields (Probe-One Remix) [LINK]

ASC - Take Your Time (Remix) [LINK]

Gabriel - Horror Show (VIP Mix) [LINK] (possibly Concord Dawn - Horror Show (Gabriel VIP Mix)?

Will add more if I find any...

The track 'Undying' on this release:

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/dsci4/dsci4007

Is listed as 'Undying Remix' on the cover art.

I asked about this elsewhere and was informed that it is a d&b remix of some computer game music??? Don't know if that fits the bill?

Also, on the subject of DSCI4, the Battlefield LP was available from a number of online stores as single plates. I can check the etching on my plate for any possible differences.

I think I read in an interview that a lot of the Chemical Pilot/Playboy Revolutionary stuff haven't had originals released. One of the guys is the label owner and liked Drum n Bass, but his own skills sucked, so he'd have remixes and release those.

Not sure if there actually are originals...

I'll see if I can find out where I have that interview...

• 3 weeks later...

Kenny Ken - Pied Piper (AWOL VIP mix)

Dr. S Gachet - Dreamer (??? remix) -- This tune was "remixed" by Gachet, Nookie, and Aphrodite (on the AWOL LP), but as far as I know the "original" was never released. The one on the repress and the Jungle Massive releases are both the Dr. S Gachet "remix" I believe.

Aphrodite & Mickey Finn - AWOL (VIP Mix) -- I should mention that there IS an unreleased mix of this tune which could potentially be the "original" mix, but there's no way to know. Probably best to call it an Orphan (a term I love :tongue:)

There are tons more

Kenny Ken - Pied Piper (AWOL VIP mix)

Dr. S Gachet - Dreamer (??? remix) -- This tune was "remixed" by Gachet, Nookie, and Aphrodite (on the AWOL LP), but as far as I know the "original" was never released. The one on the repress and the Jungle Massive releases are both the Dr. S Gachet "remix" I believe.

Aphrodite & Mickey Finn - AWOL (VIP Mix) -- I should mention that there IS an unreleased mix of this tune which could potentially be the "original" mix, but there's no way to know. Probably best to call it an Orphan (a term I love :tongue:)

There are tons more

METH 034 Everywhere I go (remix) was an orphan for some time before Platinum Breakz 3 came out. Maybe the originals are always there, like a Version 1, but the artist decides that the later versions are the ones that should be released??

The original "Everywhere I Go" defo came first. Heard it on Fabio's shows like around late 1997. What a tune. Very gutted when they didn't release it. Actually emailed A Sides about it at the time. I think it was originally slated for a compliation album or something, that got cancelled, and he thought he might put it on the Sci Clone album...

Still waiting for the album!

The original "Everywhere I Go" defo came first. Heard it on Fabio's shows like around late 1997. What a tune. Very gutted when they didn't release it. Actually emailed A Sides about it at the time. I think it was originally slated for a compliation album or something, that got cancelled, and he thought he might put it on the Sci Clone album...

Still waiting for the album!

It was released on Platinum Breakz 3.

Platinum Breakz 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dillinja - Deep Love (Remix)

Dillinja - Saved My Life (Lemon D Remix)

Lemon D - Organik Funk (Dillinja Remix)

Lemon D - The Pulse (Ruff Underground Mix)

Lemon D - Why? (12Hz Mix)

Dillinja - South Side (Riffin Mix)

Aquasky - Moodswing (Aquasky Remix) YES IT STILL COUNTS!!

DJ Pulse - Return Voyage (DJ Pulse & DJ Stretch Remix) """"

http://www.rolldabeats.com/artist/sugizo Lots of his stuff

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/dope_dragon/dd001

Will think of more later!!

Some nice orphans Java, although that DD001 - neither version says 'mix' on it, rather it is probably a tune that both Roni Size & Krust developed together, and then Roni mixed down his own final version, and Krust mixed down his.

So Thijs - take the 'Remix' bit from the two tracks on DD001 and replace with 'Mix' ! :biggrin:

He's japanese! So it's pretty obvious to me a lot of his originals are only released in Japan and thus not known/listed here.

A quick search showed for example that the original of "replicant deliver" is released on this CD (which by the way is a CD from 1997).

So I think all originals for Sugizo exist. We just don't know where...

I did think of that, but I didn't bother checking to see if they actually did exist! I wonder what they sound like . . . yeah Micheal in the Cage was remixed by Source Direct, the original is in that link you gave, as was Metaphysical Missing which was remixed by Grooverider. Fair enough, you can disregard the Dope Dragon and most probably all of Sugizo's work, but the others still stand :biggrin:

Some more:

Roni Size - Party Time (Raw Bud Anti Mix)

Adam F - The Tree That Knows Everything (Clean Edit) where's the not-clean edit?(!)

DJ Krust - Crystal Clear (Remix)

Shy FX feat. UK Apache - Junglist Girls (Soundman Remix)

Shy FX - Move Ya (Remix)

Remarc & Lewi - Shinobi X (Remix)

Jonny L - Jonny Acid (Locked Out Dog Mix)

Jonny L - Make Me Work - various mixes but I've never come across an "original" before, assuming it's the same as what Ornette was saying, just different mixdowns.

Will try and think of more later!

I did think of that, but I didn't bother checking to see if they actually did exist! I wonder what they sound like . . . yeah Micheal in the Cage was remixed by Source Direct, the original is in that link you gave, as was Metaphysical Missing which was remixed by Grooverider. Fair enough, you can disregard the Dope Dragon and most probably all of Sugizo's work, but the others still stand :biggrin:

Some more:

Roni Size - Party Time (Raw Bud Anti Mix)

Adam F - The Tree That Knows Everything (Clean Edit) where's the not-clean edit?(!)

DJ Krust - Crystal Clear (Remix)

Shy FX feat. UK Apache - Junglist Girls (Soundman Remix)

Shy FX - Move Ya (Remix)

Remarc & Lewi - Shinobi X (Remix)

Jonny L - Jonny Acid (Locked Out Dog Mix)

Jonny L - Make Me Work - various mixes but I've never come across an "original" before, assuming it's the same as what Ornette was saying, just different mixdowns.

Will try and think of more later!

Some of that Sugizo stuff is really nice, the Peshay/Source Direct remixes are worth a look, and they're usually quite cheap.

The grooverider remix of metaphysical missing is quality stuff too.

More orphans!!! Playaz style!

DJ Zinc - Feel (Undercover Agent Remix)

DJ Zinc - Hello (various remixes)

Ganja Kru - Can't Handle The Streets (Fear mix)

DJ Hype - Attack (Remix)

Loads of DJ Hype stuff on Subbase, Hardswing, Floating Kill etc, check them out.

Pascal - Bad Boy Sound (Brockie & Ed Solo Remix)

Pascal - Reality Of '98 (Shimon Remix)

More will come when I think of 'em!

Just thought of one:

Adam F - Dirty Harry (Grooverider Remix)

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/f_jam/lpfjdj001

Where's the original????

I think the adapted album version is basically the original, but slightly shorter (doesn't need to be as long as a single)

DJ Zinc - Hello (various remixes)

Remix of http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/bingo_beats/bingo006

DJ Zinc - Feel (Undercover Agent Remix)

DJ Hype - Attack (Remix)

Remixes of http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/true_playaz/tpr12006

Pascal - Reality Of '98 (Shimon Remix)

Remix of http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/frontline/front015

Some nice orphans Java, although that DD001 - neither version says 'mix' on it, rather it is probably a tune that both Roni Size & Krust developed together, and then Roni mixed down his own final version, and Krust mixed down his.

Makes me think about something I read in an interview with I think Leonie from Breakbeat Era. Telling Size and Die were working on a track. One would have made something. The other come in and completely change the bassline. Then the first one comes in a changes it back to what it was...

So that could eventually be 2 mixdowns...

Yeah you see I got the idea from D Bridge who once told me that with "Dead By Dawn", they (him & Maldini) both worked on the track, but it was him who mixed down the version that got released. Maybe the Final Chapter mix that came out later was actually Maldini's version...! :ok:

• 1 month later...
I though that it was listed as Bad Company & Matrix - Jellyfish, not as we have it in the db as a Matrix remix?

Just checked this on my copy.

It is listed as Bad Company Vs Matrix and is, in reality, just a collaboration. Should be listed as

Bad Company & Matrix - Jellyfish

Definitely not a Matrix remix