RIP Tarzan - Long Live Rolldabeats

Logic

Welcome to the newest phase of the Tarzan legacy. As promised, the site has relaunched, featuring a complete front-end redesign, a new forum, a heavily altered database, and several new features.

But think of all this as just phase 1.

Just because the site has relaunched after a massive effort (particularly from Tarzan and Haste), the ball won't stop rolling. The plans for improvement of RDB are nearly endless. There are many secrets up our sleeves that we'll keep under wraps for now, but some upcoming features we can confirm are:

• Mp3 clips of every release. Yes, that's right -- probably the largest undertaking in the history of man (or so it seems) -- we'll eventually be calling on you, the visitors, to help contribute to the best Jungle/DnB discography site on the Internet by supplying us with snippets of your personal mp3 collections. We're not quite ready for this process to begin, but when we are, we will make creating and submitting the clips as simple as possible. The result will be astounding.

• Integrated Track Lyrics and Artist and Label Biographies. Right now, these exist only on the forum, but as we get more submissions from our visitors, these will be integrated into the core of the site, allowing users to view complete biographies from the artists' and labels' release pages on RDB, as well as reading the lyrics to their favorite jungle/dnb release for the ultimate "singalong" effect.

• Sample Sources. Ever wonder where the vocal from Subnation - Scottie comes from? Well, we know. Soon, everyone will -- every release with a noteworthy sample will pay homage to the source its sample was taken from (thanks to Manipulator's hard work over the years on this). By the way, it's Evil Dead.

• The Breaks. Amen, Plead, Apache... Got breaks? Want to know which one your favorite producer uses and abuses? We'll venture to identify the breaks used in every release in the DB.

I'd say that's enough for now. We've got to keep you coming back for more.

Long live RDB B) B) B)

Welcome to the newest phase of the Tarzan legacy.  As promised, the site has relaunched, featuring a complete front-end redesign, a new forum, a heavily altered database, and several new features.

But think of all this as just phase 1.

Just because the site has relaunched after a massive effort (particularly from Tarzan and Haste), the ball won't stop rolling.  The plans for improvement of RDB are nearly endless.  There are many secrets up our sleeves that we'll keep under wraps for now, but some upcoming features we can confirm are:

• Mp3 clips of every release.  Yes, that's right -- probably the largest undertaking in the history of man (or so it seems) -- we'll eventually be calling on you, the visitors, to help contribute to the best Jungle/DnB discography site on the Internet by supplying us with snippets of your personal mp3 collections.  We're not quite ready for this process to begin, but when we are, we will make creating and submitting the clips as simple as possible.  The result will be astounding.

• Integrated Track Lyrics and Artist and Label Biographies.  Right now, these exist only on the forum, but as we get more submissions from our visitors, these will be integrated into the core of the site, allowing users to view complete biographies from the artists' and labels' release pages on RDB, as well as reading the lyrics to their favorite jungle/dnb release for the ultimate "singalong" effect.

• Sample Sources.  Ever wonder where the vocal from Subnation - Scottie comes from?  Well, we know.  Soon, everyone will -- every release with a noteworthy sample will pay homage to the source its sample was taken from (thanks to Manipulator's hard work over the years on this).  By the way, it's Evil Dead 2. 

• The Breaks.  Amen, Plead, Apache... Got breaks?  Want to know which one your favorite producer uses and abuses?  We'll venture to identify the breaks used in every release in the DB.

I'd say that's enough for now.  We've got to keep you coming back for more.

Long live RDB  B)  B)  B)

firstly the vocal from scottie - subnation is evil dead 1 not evil dead 2

secondly I would like to suggest that the old way of listing tunes by artist . then remixes . then collaborations is brought back

I found this very useful before and Today when trying to look for a remix by someone It made it a lot longer trying to find what i was looking foir.

please change this

!!!!!

firstly the vocal from scottie - subnation is evil dead 1 not evil dead 2

secondly I would like to suggest that the old way of listing tunes by artist . then remixes . then collaborations is brought back

I found this very useful before and Today when trying to look for a remix by someone It made it a lot longer trying to find what i was looking foir.

please change this

!!!!!

You do realise that all columns are sortable? If you want to sort by artist name you can. This will split up solo releases, collaborations and remixes quite nicely

Apologies if I seemed a bit negative above.

I'll make up for it by admitting this is my favourite site on the whole internet.

Totally invaluable site.

Well done for all the hard work thats obviously gone into the site.

If you want any help with recording of audio clips for the site Ive got a half decent record collection, starting from 92.

Im a dnb geek and this kinda site gets me going, well up for helping out in any way I can.

[*] Mp3 clips of every release.? Yes, that's right -- probably the largest undertaking in the history of man (or so it seems) -- we'll eventually be calling on you, the visitors, to help contribute to the best Jungle/DnB discography site on the Internet by supplying us with snippets of your personal mp3 collections.? We're not quite ready for this process to begin, but when we are, we will make creating and submitting the clips as simple as possible.? The result will be astounding.

Let me know when you are. E-mail: khaldub@gmail.com ... aim: colemanism or junglist

biggup rdb for keepin the biggest dnb database up2date.

my present for rdb are some mozilla searchplugins. download and extract all to your browsers searchplugins folder (e.g. c:\program files\mozilla firefox\searchplugins)

enjoy :D

--

corrections are welcome

Let me know when you are. E-mail: khaldub@gmail.com ... aim: colemanism or junglist

You know it man, I was going to hunt you down and ask you to contribute if you didn't post in here ;)

"junglist" -- didn't that used to be clone's AIM?

[*] Mp3 clips of every release.  Yes, that's right -- probably the largest undertaking in the history of man (or so it seems) -- we'll eventually be calling on you, the visitors, to help contribute to the best Jungle/DnB discography site on the Internet by supplying us with snippets of your personal mp3 collections.  We're not quite ready for this process to begin, but when we are, we will make creating and submitting the clips as simple as possible.  The result will be astounding.

I utilized tarzan countless times over the years. Collecting D&B mp3s is a passion of mine, and I've amassed a pretty large collection. I'd love to help contribute to this endeavor. PM me if you like when this process begins. Peace.

I utilized tarzan countless times over the years.  Collecting D&B mp3s is a passion of mine, and I've amassed a pretty large collection.  I'd love to help contribute to this endeavor.  PM me if you like when this process begins.  Peace.

Will definitely do that :) :) :)

Just adding my name to the list of people who'll be willing to contribute to the resources once the facilities are in place to do so. Clips of tracks, breaks, all sorts... I'll help out all I can, considering this site's given me so much info over the past few years without asking for subscription fees or anything. Quality.