Beanos is closing

The_Manipulator

Well, decided to split off the Beanos bit... Still some references to the original Adeva topic... (well, just one from me).

That percussion/tribal bit in the intro... it sounds so familiar... Only played it once (bought it on Saturday in London :cool: on the first day of the "closing down" sale of Beanos :cry:). But I KNOW it... Ah, maybe next time I hear it it comes back...

That percussion/tribal bit in the intro... it sounds so familiar... Only played it once (bought it on Saturday in London :cool: on the first day of the "closing down" sale of Beanos :cry:). But I KNOW it... Ah, maybe next time I hear it it comes back...

(and what the hell is "natwest sound"??)

Beanos is closing down? Nooooo :cry:

noooo.... I dont get paid till the 21st and I bet they shut before then.

been going there since 95, havn't been for almost a year and i was gonna go recently but looks like its just wanted and reckless I'll be going to in the future.

sad sad times ahead, bastard internet shutting down a way of life :rolleyes:

Smallfish closed its doors recently as well... :( They're still running the net side of things, but it's just not the same...

noooo.... I dont get paid till the 21st and I bet they shut before then.

been going there since 95, havn't been for almost a year and i was gonna go recently but looks like its just wanted and reckless I'll be going to in the future.

As far as I heard from James they'll probably be open for quite some time, emptying the warehouse. But I'm on the "closing down mailing list".

What's wanted???

Hmm... I get the idea this is getting slightly off-topic...

That real intro bit... what pops up in my head is AUAA - Sun City... but I need to verify it.

(and what the hell is "natwest sound"??)

No way, they only just expanded the store!!! What are you talking about Manipulator - the old narrow store on the market road???

How can they shut down the store, they do a roaring trade in there

No way, they only just expanded the store!!! What are you talking about Manipulator - the old narrow store on the market road???

How can they shut down the store, they do a roaring trade in there

It has been pretty quiet the last months. And it was definitely a closing down sale...

http://melosprogbazaar.com/index.php?PHPSE...;topic=6295.new

http://ukforums.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc...31/r/5511081831

http://community.livejournal.com/anonymousclaire/469390.html

The only site who doesn't say anything about it... is the site from Beanos themselves...

I can scan the explaining letter if you want...

Who wants to do another RDB meetup then, at Beanos. (!)

And if you was in London on Saturday why didn't you make your way to Brixton couple of days before? :bounce:

Because I left Holland saturday morning... and I left London again saturday evening... Just a 1-day shopping trip...

Indeed, esp 1998 1999 times, rarely ever spent more than a ?5. Was especially good getting "Close Your Eyes (Optikonfusion)" for what... ?4?

And the 'ardcore mix of "Playing With Knives" for ?3?

Don't think that will ever happen again...

There are some bait little record shops around there. I went in one and the guy hands me some tunes and a needle and says to go upstairs. I go up to some stinking room with little divided sections with the crapest decks ever and you have to sit on some 2 legged stools. That place was SHIT!!! :laugh:

Who wants to do another RDB meetup then, at Beanos. (!)

Count me in if one happens.... but I'll need plenty of notice to get down from York ;-)

off topic but if beanos is shut if we do have a meet up again like that there is wanted in beckenham as im surprised no one seems to know about it as it's rammed full of people in there buying or selling when I go.

Well I just made my way to Beano's this afternoon, and sadly, yes, they are 'closing down'. Of course, increased custom and renewed support by its patrons could reverse this.

Well I got some good tunes, and all for under ?32! 20% off the price of all their stock is not to be sniffed at! Bargains of drum & bass classics are probably somewhat unlikely though, because all the good stuff they ever get gets snapped up pretty quickly. The real 'bargains' are probably to be 'had' in the other genres - things like early Beatles and Elvis releases and that :rolleyes:

Personally, I started finding loooong ago that I was not finding any of the tunes that I still wanted there anymore (mostly due to me having already bought most of my 'wants' there in the first place!). But lo and behold, that exhilerating feeling of picking up a complete unknown tune, popping it onto the decks and the sounds of a long time unknown hitting you between the ears was once again bestowed upon me!

Almost the last out of all the many, many records I auditioned today (the penultimate, to be precise, out of about 50!!!) was this complete unknown roller I had heard Fabio play once on his Kiss 100 show back on the 3rd October 1997! What a find! Talk about some obscure track as well. There's me always thinking it was probably a Grooverider remix of something, but no. Here's what Fabio said about it on his show:

"...Kicking off the show with errr... an exclusive remix, and errrrrm
(laughs)
I'm gonna keep that one under the hat for a little while but errrrm, ...its the last person you would've ever thought it was! But I'll tell you on the next show... keep you in suspense!"

Did he tell us? Did he shite - never heard it again! But here's the funny part - turns out it's some track by Sugizo called Chemical, actually remixed by Fabio himself! So much for his 'not having made any tunes' claims, then... (I'm talking past tense, by the way!)

:laugh:

Its not in the database, so will add the details to the Releases forum.

edit: whoops, oh yes it is

Oh yeah and I picked up "The Licence", Alabama 3 - Dillinja remix (yay!), Subplates 4, "Planet Neptune" and M-Beat "Rough Like Me" too! :bop:

Last time I got Andy C - Slip 'n' Slide, House Crew - Super Hero (Finally!!), DJ Crystl - Meditation/Warpdrive remixes, I Am The Black Gold Of The Sun and some small stuff... All 20% off :biggrin:

And the trip before I had DMS+Boneman X - Sweet Vibrations (on FX) for 5 quid.

But it usually was a good source for new promos (especially since they were 3 quid).

Got a lot of good stuff there in the past... 2xgold discs Shadow100... Xultation EP (iamdek won like that :tongue:)... original DJ's Take Control (on Awesome)... Pulp Fiction... Close your eyes original and remix (yep, iamdek is gonna hate me...)

I'm gonna miss them...

Oh, and the really expensive things like 1200 quid singles... aren't discounted...

• 6 months later...