Do not post full-length mp3s for download

Logic

The reasons for this are self-evident.

You have many options for soundclips besides high-quality mp3s:

• A short mp3 clip
  • A low-bitrate mp3 (64 kbps or lower)
  • A full-length realplayer file
  • A full-length high-quality mp3 of you humming the melody with your mates beatboxing in the background.

But no more full mp3s.

• 4 months later...

Can we add this "rule" in some way :

Please try to post your clips in a upload service that include a player (eg putfile),

i'm fed up with "enter-secutity-code,-wait-35-seconds" stuffs, just for downloading a 1meg sample i'll try to id for someone.

Anyone feel the same?

Can we add this "rule" in some way :

Please try to post your clips in a upload service that include a player (eg putfile),

i'm fed up with "enter-secutity-code,-wait-35-seconds" stuffs, just for downloading a 1meg sample i'll try to id for someone.

Anyone feel the same?

Let's just always use sendspace... :cool:

http://sendspace.com/

I'm not really inclined to restrict people's methods of uploading soundclips

If someone posts a format or a link that you don't prefer, just don't bother with it

Well, I think if the site isn't going to make provisions for uploads, there should be an agreed method. I know that, for one, Mega Upload ain't gonna get a look in from me, but Sendspace is simple tings...

Perhaps you could impliment an upload button that just links directly to sendspace/putfile/whatever-let's post a poll?

Oh wow I didn't even see this thread reignited and I just posted in my latest ID that everyone should use Putfile!

Definitely, I don't agree with Megaupload, it's really a waste of time. Sendspace is OK, but it often says "Server is busy, try again later". I still prefer Putfile, it's simple, it's easy and it's quick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
I didn't really think it thru & posted a refined topic when I should've just edited the original. Find I can't delete the old topics relating to the same search. Can't this be done from your phone, or am I just missing something

It can be 'done' from your phone but first you have to press the link at the bottom 'Full Version' to get the non-mobile version of the site.

Actually its a bit of a pain now as the cookie for it seems to expire a lot sooner than it used to. Can anything be done about this?

i must be blind, or something. i can't find how to delete the duplicate topics i've started. the reason i start the same topic over & over again is because when trying to edit the old topics it never seems to work afterwards or change properly. maybe i'm not explaining myself clearly, but this is the luck i've been having trying to id this oldie. hopefully the links on my latest post work

d(>o<)b