null lines 94 proto rmx

Guest monkfish

Guest monkfish
at world dance feb 94 micky finn played a 2nd rmx of null lines as well as the first rmx together and its not the extremly bootlegged mixs that came out the sametime as terrorist rmxs has an extremly floaty breakdown ,much like dj rap at the time and has this beatbox sample in it ,i was told it was hype's rmx?? dont think so myself dont sound like him at all .all i can remember is that and spiritual aura destroyed the place during his set .

• 9 months later...

Hmmmmm.... I think I have this tape as well. I will dig my world dance tapes out as a micky finn tape from summer 94 has a mad version of "calling all the people" and arsonist proto mix together with dawn penn vocals singing "micky finn the dj"and " jungle will last forever".

come to think of it I have a few micky finn tapes from late 94 each with different dubplate versions of arsonist, I have a desire tape with a completely different version somewhere too.

There was a remix version I was really into towards very end of 1993... with lots of fast & furious 'phased' amen edits tearing out over the top of the original's normal break, and a breakdown with a very chilling dark synth version of the classic breakdown melody.

Does anyone know this one? Nut-E-1 @ Wax City told me that it had come out in limited quantities on a 10" press before Moving Shadow clamped down on it... no doubt pre-empting the official 1994 remixes? DJ Sass (of High Octane Records) claimed he had one so...

There was a remix version I was really into towards very end of 1993... with lots of fast & furious 'phased' amen edits tearing out over the top of the original's normal break, and a breakdown with a very chilling dark synth version of the classic breakdown melody.

Does anyone know this one? Nut-E-1 @ Wax City told me that it had come out in limited quantities on a 10" press before Moving Shadow clamped down on it... no doubt pre-empting the official 1994 remixes? DJ Sass (of High Octane Records) claimed he had one so...

Oh my days! "ANd it looks fucking absolutely wicked!"

That remix is wicked!!!

I want it!

Edited by theorie

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?what=R&obid=31712

http://www.discogs.com/image/R-31712-1083271872.jpg

Might be that? Not sure though.

If it is theres a copy going begging on Backtotheoldskool sales forum ;)

Not that one.

I have a feeling that this is going to be very, very, VERY elusive... but worth the hunt!!!!

Imagine dropping that on an unexpecting crowd...

BLOOP!!!

it was released so-so

Are you 100%? (god I hope you are!)

Could it not have been pressed to a large (now decomposed :( ) batch of dubs?

When I bought some tunes off DJ Sass back in 1998 (back in the early days of the old skool list) somehow the topic came up and he said he "had that one" but he was never gonna sell it. No word of 'dubplate' anywhere...

He was trying to get rid of most of his other tunes tho!!! Someone even sneakly got an original "Finest Illusion" off him. He was trying to concentrate on his Gabba I believe...

I wonder if I could get his e-mail and ask him about it. Will have to trawl through my e-mail archives too. Oh and Nut-E-1 said nothing about dubplate, other than really limited pressing that was clamped down upon. Possibly no more than 100 exist / were pressed?

cheers for sorting out audio before me as works pc is having problems with the cd rom and two days running it hasn't let me put it on the harddrive to send the mp3.

that version I have wondered if it was a special or not as it sounds to good to be a shifty and the breakdown is not too dissimilar to one side of the 2nd remix's that you have in the thread above .

I brought the second remix's thinking it was gonna be that version but wasn't disappointed when I found out they were different .

maybe there was loads of remix's like "foul play featuring randall/cloud nine featuring ray keith" and there was another moving shadow artist remix featuring mickey finn that never made it to plastic???? who knows unless you ask rob playford himself.

• 10 months later...