Mixes archive

caedo261

We have plans for a "rave archive" that will have information about tape packs, inc. the DJ lineups and tracklists of their sets, flyer scans, etc.

One idea that came along with that was maybe featuring a "mix of the week/month/whatever" that people could download to help draw attention to the other information available in that section.

Archiving mp3s of all the tape packs we have would require Google-like bandwidth :lol: but a set or two every now and then may be a reality in the future :ph34r:

Guest Guest
One idea that came along with that was maybe featuring a "mix of the week/month/whatever" that people could download to help draw attention to the other information available in that section. 

Would that be a mix submitted by a user? Then you could have a tracklisting with links for each track to the db?

Would that be a mix submitted by a user?  Then you could have a tracklisting with links for each track to the db?

Well I hadn't considered taking user-submitted mixes before. I was thinking of featuring a certain DJ or party, say "AWOL Month" or something where we'll have some flyers and media if possible (photos, videos), then like a certain AWOL set to download with a complete tracklisting (with relevant links to the DB)

Just a thought, haven't fleshed it out much yet

• 1 month later...
Any news on when this will happen?

Incidentally, I was just about to post in the mods forum about it. I want to get the details banged out as far as how the data should be arranged in the db, and once we have that worked out we'll start racking our brains ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Archiving mp3s of all the tape packs we have would require Google-like bandwidth  :lol: but a set or two every now and then may be a reality in the future  :ph34r:

Although they can be annoying to use at times, services such as yousendit and sharebigfile would at least enable people to add a download link for a limited period if they don't have access to any webspace.

Anyway I reckon most of the tracklistings will be for sets easily available on programs such as Soulseek if people want to find them on mp3.

Anyway I reckon most of the tracklistings will be for sets easily available on programs such as Soulseek if people want to find them on mp3.

Agreed. The only sets I've ever personally done tracklists for are ones I already have on mp3. I don't have any original tapes :blink:

• 2 months later...
  • 11 years later...