BBC2 jungle documentary - 1994

haste

How little did they know they were chronicling the end of jungle, rather than the beginning! :lol:

To be fair, it is right to focus on ragga jungle because that was what went off in that year, a more general documentary on jungle drum & bass wouldn't really have been appropiate...

This must have been the one around December time 1994, i remember there were two on TV around that time, the other (on Channel 4) i still have on video :)

This is an extreme longshot, but does anyone have any idea what the little reggae sample is at 4:42 in part 1 of the documentary? It plays for less than a second, but it's pretty distinctive...

I don't recognize the guys at the controls, and I also don't recognize the sample from any jungle tune :blink: Could it be a part of the tune that comes in at 4:50 (which I also don't recognize)?

• 1 month later...

This is an extreme longshot, but does anyone have any idea what the little reggae sample is at 4:42 in part 1 of the documentary? It plays for less than a second, but it's pretty distinctive...

I don't recognize the guys at the controls, and I also don't recognize the sample from any jungle tune :blink: Could it be a part of the tune that comes in at 4:50 (which I also don't recognize)?

It's Delroy Wilson - Run Run

They're probably sampling 'Running Dub', available on this comp:

http://www.souljazzrecords.co.uk/releases/?id=120

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah man i remember this documentry first tiime round i was still a kid brings back some memories. Love the Bukem tune Atlantis that gets played anyone out there no what happened to DJ Ron the articule don, i aint heard anything of him for years.

Yeah man i remember this documentry first tiime round i was still a kid brings back some memories. Love the Bukem tune Atlantis that gets played anyone out there no what happened to DJ Ron the articule don, i aint heard anything of him for years.

• 2 weeks later...