4 Drum and bass unknowns from 1999

Mg2000

Ornette - well spotted with the tronik house tune, thanks for your input. I have 4 more unknowns if you'd like to check them:

ID 5 is from around late 98 to early 99 I think. Somebody said this might be a P.Method remix of Mile High Express by Appleseed, and the vocal sample used does sound vaguely similar maybe?

ID6 is from 99' and is down as 'Unknown - Rubix Cubed' on a tracklist.

ID7 sounds like Calibre maybe?

ID 8 was actually in the top ten rollers, along with Ils & Solo - Frozen (Dom & Roland remix)/Point Eight, so presumably 98' and presumably a released track: https://youtu.be/YI-f15iXjp

Interesting - 'Rubix Cubed' so this must be the track I spotted mentioned in the listing here... Defo not Total Science - Cube then.

Never heard of that Appleseed track before so put it in google and came up with a few results

http://www.discogs....p/thread/613792

Mile High Express - P Method Remix (Liquid DnB) Heard Fabio play it on the radio in around 99'. Deep tune, never released.....

I have about 3 minutes of this track, sounds like an early liquid track from 98-99, but I can't find it anywhere.....must have never been released. "Maybe the critics won;t like it, but I kind of think maybe you cats will" Vocal on it.

We need Arne in here, he's the expert on most things Calibre. Last clip is down, btw

Are these ones radio rips?

Ornette - sorry about that last link, try this: ID8 https://youtu.be/YI-f15iXjpg

Yes - radio rips. I will dig the tape out with that Rubix Cubed track on, your tracklist says there are two more unknowns on that show. Nope, it isn't Cubed by Total Science. There's a track by 'Rubix' called 'let's go' from 99', but I can't find a clip anywhere....

I've actually stumbled on that channel before, but I'm not able to ID any of them. Most of them sounded like early liquid experiments (1999), something that Fabio would play and I guess that's where the clips are from, from Fabio's show? Really wish there more rips of the 1999 shows available.

ID7 could very well be Calibre.

I'd seen the tracklistings but not the downloads - thanks. I reckon we should be able to fill some gaps in there. These tapes actually span 1998 - 2000 era. Some of them record continuously for 90 minutes (last 30 minutes of show is missing), while some seem to have the occasional strategic stop/start - presumably that was to avoid running out of tape and not being able to record an absolute banger/world exclusive in the last half an hour of the show. Nailing down the exact dates might be tricky - talk of football results and gigs might help there. I'll get on it.

Ornette - sorry about that last link, try this: ID8 https://youtu.be/YI-f15iXjpg

Yes - radio rips. I will dig the tape out with that Rubix Cubed track on, your tracklist says there are two more unknowns on that show. Nope, it isn't Cubed by Total Science. There's a track by 'Rubix' called 'let's go' from 99', but I can't find a clip anywhere....

Do you have any of those old bbc tracklists saved off the web at all? For instance, I'd downloaded a whole bunch of them around 2003-2004 when trying to look for a particular show, but turned out those ones were all still readily accessable on the internet... Well, until September of last year that is, when the bbc took them down

Not sure what that id is, but I'm liking it

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This track:

Very probably a Nookie/Cloud 9 remix of Tronik House - Straight Outta Hell (nice one Ornette)

Nookie indeed remixed this track around 1999 and is going to check his old dat tapes for it

I've got a couple more unknowns to upload from 98-99 also, will do it soon