Soundmanager2

mogmog

Hey guys.

I've been using the site on and off for a couple of years and it's looking really good nowadays, and I see that you've started adding audio clips too.

But I think the sample player could look much better if you used the Soundmanager2 library. Check out the demo @

http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundm...mo/page-player/

And the website @ http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/

I think It would fit in really well with your current tracklist design.

Cheers for the link - I had actually stumbled across the recently and it looks really good.

We're about to re-do the audio player to improve the way it works and may well start using this

Cool. I'll look forward to seeing the finished player.

Also saw you're using Google analytics, if you upgrade to the latest version of the Google Analytics API you can use their JavaScript event tracking API and get info on how much people use the player, which tracks are played the most, and more. Which will give you a better idea of what parts of the player are used and not used.

PS. Absolutely loving the look of muxtape.com - it's from the same guy who wrote the soundmanager api.

Nice one - the current player does record stats so we can work out what's being played and by who but will definitely look at the JS API as well - won't hurt to implement that at the same time.

Just need more time to do all of this! :sad:

i've had strange glitches on random tracks with the current player, trying in another browser fixed them, plus i've asked others on the same browser to try the same clip with no issue (& i've even saved the direct mp3 & played that no issue)

clearing cache didnt work but another day, the same clip worked fine

FF3, vista64, flash10

it was completely random & only on a specific clip (i could play another one no prob, then go back to the first one with the issue still there), it would be crackling & skipping

but anyway it played fine in another browser/another day on original browser/the direct mp3 itself