IQ 004

Dan J

dan, do you actually own this record?

i have no idea what IQ4 is, i've never seena  copy. it would make sense if it was hitman but i'm not sure

no a friend of mine reckons thats what it is, he says he has it . .I was asking him cos I just got a load of IQ records .. .he can be a bit of a fool so maybe I'll check up on this!

i've got a copy & can confirm:

MARVELOUS CAIN - HITMAN / BELIEVE IT - IQ RECORDS IQ 004 (1994)

orange label

:)

cool . . .my mate confirmed this as well . .

I was thinking it could be that the original was released on SUBBASE59 .. .and therefore only the remixes were released on IQ . .but well . . .

• 5 months later...
i've got a copy & can confirm:

MARVELOUS CAIN - HITMAN / BELIEVE IT - IQ RECORDS IQ 004 (1994)

orange label

:)

Today bought a seemingly promo copy of it (one side the orange label, other side white label) including sleeve with a 1994 sticker from a shop on it. Catalogue definitely RIQ001!!!

Could RIQ001 be the original and IQ004 a repress made when it became successful (and knowing the remixes are 4Rpt1 and 4Rpt2)?

My white label side has some text about that it's done by CBA Mastering ("a complete manufactering service for the independant/underground dance label"). The other side has basically the same but the orange label stickered or glued over it (it has come off on one side). And somehow I don't think they do that with a reissue!! 8)

Just dug out my copy & your right - its RIQ004

( i had the wrong cat no. listed in my database :? )

Yours really is RIQ004??? Mine is RIQ001 (just checked it again, definitely a 1, not a 4). Any corrected numbers in the etching or something?? All mine has is RIQ001 and -JTS-.

Just dug out my copy & your right - its RIQ004

( i had the wrong cat no. listed in my database :? )

Yours really is RIQ004??? Mine is RIQ001 (just checked it again, definitely a 1, not a 4). Any corrected numbers in the etching or something?? All mine has is RIQ001 and -JTS-.

f*cking Hell ! whats wrong with me tonight ! :oops:

it is infact RIQ001

*looks again*

yep thats it !

- JTS- press

:oops:

sorry Manipulator, blame me for this one!

Don't worry... I was already getting these Formation/Reinforced visions... wondering why people find it so difficult to count (as we still have RIQ001 and IQ01...).

Oh and Tarzan, please remove the "Repress" from the RIQ01 release.

I think that about solves this one (again ;)).

But from the look and feel of things, I think what I've got isn't a repress (and I think eXtreme will swear his one's not a repress).

It should only labelled repress if it's a repress-only catalogue number. Otherwise we can start adding "repress" to the whole V, TOV, RH, Metalheadz, Shadow, etc backcatalogues as they all have been repressed in their original form (minus sleeve).