A rolldabeats milestone

thijs

First the happy part: today's update shifted the amount of tracks in the database over 100.000 tracks! Great to see the amount of information coming from various sources to make the database more complete and accurate. There is however a downside to this substantial amount of information. I simply do not have the time available anymore to include all the updates and corrections. This does not come as a surprise, we have seen this coming for over a year now, therefore people have been working (voluntary) on a complete overhaul of the website backend. Once this is in place the most problematic point of the website is tackled: other people than me will be able to alter the database and include the incoming additions and corrections.

For the coming period all effort will be put into finishing and testing this new framework. There will be lots of changes, but mainly from a backend point of view. Once all this is done I will be able to do other things on the site than adding new information. There must be about 438572 suggestions for new things on the site. A lot of them useful, but time simply has not allowed me to actually work these suggestions out. This is exactly what has made me lose interest in the site in the past for some time. Adding new features is way more satisfying than adding new releases.

The consequence for the moment is that a lot of updates will be stalled. Mainly the ones coming in through the forums as they usually take up the most time. Especially with all the discussions going on lately. In short: if your information was posted on the forums and has not been inserted in the database with this morning's update it can take a while before it will. Once we're done with this new thing and more people can make the alterations I expect we should be able to catch up quickly. Do note that the submitted information is not lost; it will be used, not straight away however. Therefore I would politely like to ask not to reply in the earlier posts about when the particular information will be added to the database.

I apologize for the (upcoming) lack of updates; I hope you understand that I will need to put my spare time into the upcoming transformation.

• 2 months later...
As you might have already noticed, the updates from the forum have been inserted in the database. Thanks to a huge effort made by Phokus. All additions and corrections from the past months should be in there now, so if you noticed anything missing please re-bump the particular thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...