LTJ Bukem - Untitled (1993)

Bhima

• 2 months later...
How do you know it's from this year?

Atmospheric Jubilancy is on the other side of the plate, which was, without doubt, a 1993 tune. I thought Bukem's "Take Me Away" tune sounded like 1995 at first but that's 1993 too... Just shows how ahead of his time Bukem was!

and you are 100% certain that this plate was cut in 1993? Surely it could have been cut at a later date?

That definitely happened as there's been a few plates for sale on Ebay with a tune from for example 1994 on one side and 1997 on the other. If Bhima knows who cut the plate it may help confirm when it was made. A DJ that had Atmospheric Jubilancy on plate in 1993 such as JJ Frost or Doc Scott is very unlikely to have cut it again a few years later.

I thought Bukem's "Take Me Away" tune sounded like 1995 at first but that's 1993 too... Just shows how ahead of his time Bukem was!

I honestly don't think Take Me Away is that out of the ordinary for late 1993. However the clip you've posted sounds years ahead of its time if it's from 1993 and wouldn't have sounded out of place in a Bukem set in 1996. Also we know Take Me Away is from 1993 as it was being played out by a number of DJs in late 1993, but the clip you've posted wasn't being played out in any set back then that myself and others have heard, so people will obviously be sceptical.

Can anyone think of a set they've heard this in?

• 10 months later...
That definitely happened as there's been a few plates for sale on Ebay with a tune from for example 1994 on one side and 1997 on the other. If Bhima knows who cut the plate it may help confirm when it was made. A DJ that had Atmospheric Jubilancy on plate in 1993 such as JJ Frost or Doc Scott is very unlikely to have cut it again a few years later.

I honestly don't think Take Me Away is that out of the ordinary for late 1993. However the clip you've posted sounds years ahead of its time if it's from 1993 and wouldn't have sounded out of place in a Bukem set in 1996. Also we know Take Me Away is from 1993 as it was being played out by a number of DJs in late 1993, but the clip you've posted wasn't being played out in any set back then that myself and others have heard, so people will obviously be sceptical.

Can anyone think of a set they've heard this in?

if anyone can get a hold of a set played at Ministry of sound by DJ TAYLA your hear this track as the first tune he drops! it was as you know a dub! and i would have to double check, but it's from around 1994 early!! the reason i know this!? dj tayla is a mate of mine and i was luck enough to get my hands on it and put it on a tape! track was way ahead of its time!!... cant remember what the other side was called, but i'll know it if i hear it!..... i was also lucky enough to be given some dub's by tayla when they started to wear!

• 2 years later...

Ahh ok, so this is the one from the DJ Lee podcast :)

Having a listen to all this again actually made me think 'this rings a bell' so I've just had a little check through the archives...

and, lo, what do you know, turns out this is indeed one of the same dubplates that Doc Scott himself posted up on here some time back!

http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?/topic/43537-bukem-plates/

On that thread you'll see Doc Scott places it from approx 1996 and says is a total of 11 mins long, however DJ Lee does say in the DOA thread that it was "made a few weeks after Horizons and better imo"

Still very skeptical that this could be 1993, might at a push take 1994 but still more likely to say 96 for the year on this. Anyhow, good tune either way!

• 1 month later...