The Fat Boys - Human Beatbox - Part 1

haste

I'm not totally sure that the "brr stick em ha ha stick em" thing is directly from this track. I don't hear the "ha ha" sample anywhere. The other bits do sound very similar, though. It's hard to say cos it's used at a much higher pitch, I expect it is a lot more obvious when you pitch that mp3 up

There are loads of tunes that use the longer sample, I can name plenty

Okay, soundclip from "Human Beat Box part II". Seems to contain all parts, though it's not the actual "loop". Should also really listen if the "ha ha ha" is the same "ha" repeated 3 times (as in sampled) or if they are different. So if somebody has "Human Beat Box part 1" that may be a possible source...

Okay, soundclip from "Human Beat Box part II". Seems to contain all parts, though it's not the actual "loop". Should also really listen if the "ha ha ha" is the same "ha" repeated 3 times (as in sampled) or if they are different. So if somebody has "Human Beat Box part 1" that may be a possible source...

Sounds like this is the original source of the sample most people used. Not sure if the one I've listed above uses this or the Stick 'Em track listed. Could be either

We may have 2 parts. If there aren't any other (fat boys) records with this, we can assume this is the original, but there still is a record that used the whole loop for the first time (and everybody samples).

And that may well be one of the tunes Logic mentioned...

"What's Up Doc" by Fu-Schnickins, featuring Shaquell O'Neil is the tune that Logic probably means. It's a 1993 tune, and Chip Fu (lead vocallist) says

"(cause I) Brrrrrrr, stick 'em, ha-ha-ha stick 'em (...can I rock, What's Up doc etc)"

But thats after Noise Factory and the Potential Bad Boy tune "I Feel It" and rather than being the actual sample source, it's more of a reference to the original quote.... Im sure the whole vocal line comes from someting in its full form, rather than being put together by someone at a later date.

So... tell me...

Would this also be the source for the:

"**Brrrrrump**

Bap!

Di-di,

Dum dap!

as heard in "Never Try The hippodrome"?

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DeeJayBudd
So... tell me...

Would this also be the source for the:

"**Brrrrrump**

Bap!

Di-di,

Dum dap!

as heard in "Never Try The hippodrome"?

:cool:

If it is then Boom!!! :biggrin:

I know that part of that sample was also used towards the end of The Prodigy's 'Charly'

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

ermm...just a quick thing, i think the track your after which includes the "brrr stick em ha ha ha stick em" AND "thats what we saying when the fat boy slippin" its from this:

beat box wash - dust junkies

i have the acapella! but no way of doing a soundclip as no clue how!

MrMooncat

Simon

FTM Recordings

ermm...just a quick thing, i think the track your after which includes the "brrr stick em ha ha ha stick em" AND "thats what we saying when the fat boy slippin" its from this:

beat box wash - dust junkies

i have the acapella! but no way of doing a soundclip as no clue how!

Dust Junkies seems to be from 1997/1998, and I'm pretty sure there are tunes sampling it that were released before that time (like the Noise Factory mentioned at the top). I'll try and find a copy of it to see if it needs to be separated as a source for the version that's pasted together from the Fat Boys original.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for this unreasonable bump, but I have significant information pertaining to the thread. I found a video of the Human Beat Box, the original that you guys were talking about. This is it...

~EDIT~

Oh shit, it won't upload...I'll try to get it up as soon as possible.

~EDIT~

http://www.savefile.com/download/1415573?P...ee7f512deedd9ae

There it is. Have fun ;)

Oh, also, I found this page all about The Fat Boys.

http://thebox.free.fr/fat.html

It has some of their songs, a few videos, and a biography.