Andy C - Cool Down (Back 2 Basics Remix) (March 1995)

Logic

sounds like he says "DJ Asend" as in back 2 basics records Asend ?

doesnt sound like a "Ram" remix, maybe a back 2 basics related remix. the timestretch/effect on the speech reminds me of their 12 o'clock drop tune.

origin unknown remixed dead dread, so maybe they remixed cool down in return, but never made a release?

I'd never heard of this...is it possible that it's an unofficial thing that some random person's done?

It doesn't really sound up to the usual quality of Ram productions

edit: eXtreme - I think you're right, it is Asend and the production does sound very similar to B2B stuff - especially the time stretches and snare rolls

origin unknown remixed dead dread, so maybe they remixed cool down in return, but never made a release?

Sounds like the only plausable explanation to me, not feeling the remix at all either, although he is playing it about +8 so maybe it sounds better slowed down a bit.

:wink:

I had never heard this before until someone posted it on b2vos. I don't know of any remix of Cool Down...

CLIP HERE: http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1UD8S04...D41ZORPCRLN7T60

:blink:

I just felt my ears burning :laugh:

sounds like he says "DJ Asend" as in back 2 basics records Asend ?

doesnt sound like a "Ram" remix, maybe a back 2 basics related remix. the timestretch/effect on the speech reminds me of their 12 o'clock drop tune.

Yep its taken from DJ Asend - club junglist 95 at the institute birmingham england i was at this rave and have been after an id for this tune ever since that night only asend played this tune so it could be on either back 2 basics or asends label 2nd movement or never released

I think this tune is actually really good. Very abrasive and I quite like the monotone quality of it. I reckon it hits hard on a big fat system, something you probably feel, not hear (as such) and that cymbal break rides nicely! I'll have a dub of that!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...