Producer:

Also available on:

Example:

LTJ Bukem - Demon's Theme

Bizzy B & Peshay - Merder Style

Simon 'Bassline' Smith - Palamino

Tic Tac Toe

Notes:

Hey! After discussing to death here: http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=37852&view=findpost&p=47476 I've finally tracked down the source for this killer amen derivative break! Taken from a late 80's beat loops album.

Clip: Clip here

Listening to the full clip of the sample source, it didn't take long for me to think I recognised what was being overlayed on top of the 'amen' to make this beat so distinctive. After a little bit of investigation I have worked out that this beat is little more than a combination of the following breaks:

The Winstons - Amen, Brother! and

Issac Hayes - The Breakthrough

I knew I'd heard that beat before but it took me a little while to remember what I remembered hearing it in, and then a little bit longer still to get an ID on it! So there you go - Issac Hayes - The Breakthrough. Interesting to note that where as the 'amen' break is at normal speed, the Issac Hayes break has had to be flipped onto 45 to match the tempo. Have a listen to my attempt at making the beat:

orn's chucks beats.mp3

Well, thats a wrap! Think we've solved that one.

Extra massive shout out goes to the one like Ske from B2VOS!!!

• 3 weeks later...

nah, there's another, as heard in "The Horn Track". Have a lead on that that its on a Success N' Effect record

actually there's another two amens we need to figure, one as per "News At 10" and another as heard on Rufige Kru "Darkrider"

nah, there's another, as heard in "The Horn Track". Have a lead on that that its on a Success N' Effect record

actually there's another two amens we need to figure, one as per "News At 10" and another as heard on Rufige Kru "Darkrider"

news at ten amen, you mean the same thats in bish bosh ep on ohm records?

if so an early copy of that amen was on this

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/artific...somnia/air92004 but I bet there is an earlyer source no doubt.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 years later...