Wendy Craig - The Tale Of Two Bad Mice

haste

2 Bad Mice - 2 Bad Mice [Moving Shadow]

"2 bad mice"

Heard on 2 Bad Mice interview just now on Rinse FM

Can't be totally sure that this is the correct artist but this is the only one that Discogs has that seems likely

http://www.discogs.com/Wendy-Craig-The-Tales-Of-Beatrix-Potter/release/2187569

You can get it for 99p if anyone fancies picking it up

• 5 years later...

Like every recording ever this is now on YT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-GDSz5ZDgc

I'd appreciate a second opinion on something though. I'm working on a reconstruction of early 2 Bad Mice material and have been comparing the opening 'Two bad mice' speech to the sample in the 2 Bad Mice tune, and it doesn't quite sound right, even after messing around with the pitch/tempo quite a bit. I'm starting to suspect they may have cut the words 'Two' and 'Mice' from later in the tape and spliced it together, although why they would bother I honestly don't know.

If anyone gives a shit please let me know!

Are you sure the YouTube video is the correct recording? It doesn't sound right to me.

No, not sure tbh mate. But it's definitely Wendy Craig's voiceover on the youtube link; so either there's an alternate recorded version, or they used words taken from different parts of this recording.

Leaning towards the latter, since posting this I've listened again and reckon the 'Two' at 2.23, 'Bad' at 0.03 and 'Mice' at 6.42 sounds like the most convincing combo - needs some pitching though

No, not sure tbh mate. But it's definitely Wendy Craig's voiceover on the youtube link; so either there's an alternate recorded version, or they used words taken from different parts of this recording.

Leaning towards the latter, since posting this I've listened again and reckon the 'Two' at 2.23, 'Bad' at 0.03 and 'Mice' at 6.42 sounds like the most convincing combo - needs some pitching though

Yes, those timings are more convincing. I think you're right.