death becomes me

komando

holy crap, death becomes me is a friggin monster i was looking around archive.org and they had the old death becomes me site archived and look at what i found a list of all their sublabels good god....

Bedhopper Records

Bud Records

Channel 5

Complex Records

Contraband Records

Cut Glass Records

DJs Delite

Dope Wax

Essential Music

Fierce!

Flagbearer

Happy Trax

Happy Tunes

High Resolution Records

Kadia Records

Knitebreed Records

Kniteforce Records

Labworks UK

Malice Records

Metropolis Records

Most Wanted Records

Punch

Punisher Records

Recoil Records

Recycled Records

Remix Records

Rogue Trooper Records

Sinister Recordings

Soiree UK

Sound Entity Recordings

Trident Records

Underground Label Recordings

• 5 months later...
Death Becomes Me was a distribution company/label run by Patrick..??? who I think used to be involved with Great Asset before they went down in late 92? (dodgy memory in this period). DBM was an umbrella label for everything he was involved with including ULR (which I almost got a release on) and Recoil - which was Mark Pritchard's label - aka Chaos & Julia Set. Mark also produced (with Frank Bohearne)the 1st 3 DJ Sparks 12"s on YAW.

• 8 years later...

Death Becomes Me seemed to have a bit of a bad rep in the Happy Hardcore scene for not paying their artists - Luna-C ended up taking them to court (and winning). DJ Ham fell out with Luna-C when he sold the rights to the label as he didn't trust them to pay him. Some of their compilations also featured mixes that had appeared on previous compilations, but with a totally erroneus cover.

I remember an interview in Muzik with a guy called Sean D'eath from Death Becomes Me (a little feature on the hardcore record reviews page). I don't know if he owned the label or that was just a random bod who worked there.

As for the Patrick who may have owned it, a lot of their comps were compiled by a guy called "Fat Pat", so that was probably the same guy.

DBM couldn't make full use of the Kniteforce /Remix / Knitebreed / Malice labels after Luna-C left because the masters went missing when the pressing plant went bankrupt. They couldn't use any of the tunes because they didn't have any back-ups - the only person who did was Luna-C who had the disks.