Shades of Rhythm ? Sweet Sensation (Ray Keith RMX) Amen

blah

Break name: Sweet Sensation Amen

Artist: Shades of Rhythm

Track name: Sweet Senstation (Ray Keith remix)

Original release: 12", Shades of Rhythm - The Jungle EP

Label: ZTT

Cat number: SOR004

Year: 1993

Also available on:

Example: Digital ? Latest Request, Digital ? Sounds of Freedom

on sweet sensation remix by ray keith there is an amen beat that is used a lot by digital, mainly on latest request and sounds of freedom on cia by him , ss has used the beat and some of the bassline on one of the tunes off the rollers convention eps (1 or 2) as well.

personally it sounds like the first two bars of the amen are the comption amen but don't know what the next two bars are from?, dont know what it's called but ive been calling it sweet beat for about a year and some of my mates call it that now after I gave it to em but it don't have to be called that

Sorry, was gonna post that I'd edited it into the right style but the forum kept timing out for some reason. Just makes the cut and paste into the database much easier for whoever has to do it - i've just set it out in the right fields to make life easier :)

I haven't looked upon listing d&b tracks for the breaks so far, but there's a few out there. "sweet beat" as you say, doesn't I think have any compton amen in it, but rather two segments of the normal amen triggered one after the other. couldn't tell you which ones though... obviosuly its been eq'd up & processed into its own sounding thing, hence the re-use of it

esp. MA2 - Rollers Music (Formation, 1994)

"I was a fool to let you in..." DERRRRRR DEH!

(Dum, derr dum der dump...)

yes, lame linguistics for real!

• 7 months later...

I've thought a lot about this and it may originate from the devotion track by nookie on the sound of music ep as its the same amen but edited diferently.

seeing as it came out well before the sweet sensation remix and nookie engineers near enough everything ray keith makes that nookie should be credited for this amen really.

the original sources for various amen variations has been annoying me recently, like the so called "bukem" amen as I noticed even both sides of tic tac toe has used it.

AMENS!!!! it's either :wub: or :wacko: with them ALLWAYS :rolleyes: .

It's just two different amens, the first sounds like it's sampled with a really fucked up needle or something.

You can get a good copy of the first amen from Eze G - Worlds of Confusion (Unnatural Light) if you're into that. I used it in a few tunes and it's basically the one that Ray uses in tunes like Yes Yes and Sing Time. The other is just a cleaner amen, very easy to find.

SS blatantly sampled it off Ray as you can hear the synth at the start in his remix of Tekniq - The Riot

• 4 weeks later...

taken from the top

QUOTE("blah")

on sweet sensation remix by ray keith there is an amen beat that is used a lot by digital, mainly on latest request and sounds of freedom on cia by him , ss has used the beat and some of the bassline on one of the tunes off the rollers convention eps (1 or 2) as well.

personally it sounds like the first two bars of the amen are the comption amen but don't know what the next two bars are from?, dont know what it's called but ive been calling it sweet beat for about a year and some of my mates call it that now after I gave it to em but it don't have to be called that.

it could be the compton amen for two bars then the "nookie" amen for the other two bars,

I may try it later but no doubt mine will sound shit and lifeless compared to the original :laugh: