Unknown Ed Rush No U Turn promo

suss

Hi all

I have a white label which has "Ed Rush No U Turn" written on it in red felt tip. Tried searching for "Ed Rush" here, but the search function doesn't allow searches for words of 4 letters or less.

The etching on the run-out groove reads: XXX 01 XXX XXX - the last 6 Xs are stamped over some letters, which I can't make out.

The only disctinctive feature I can think of to describe the music is that the track on the B-Side has a spoken word sample which says something like "I shall go out of my fucking mind".

Anyone know it? Very short snippets of both tracks attached below.

Edited by suss

Doesn't sound anywhere near good enough wuality to be a No U Turn 12"...the production is pretty crappy!

In general I wouldn't take what someone has written in pen on a label to be the truth...some people write some very weird things on records

I agree with Haste, it doesn't sound "dark" enough for NUT. Also, there are elements that were based on Adam F's Metropolis... (not sampled from, but clearly inspired by).

But from the sound of it, it doesn't sound like Ed Rush... (unless it dates somewhere between NUT1 and 2...).

Oh, and if that flip has that vocal sample, why not put up a clip with that vocal... vocals make a tune easier to identify than just some random bits of music...

Writing in some cases can also refer to whom a promo was destined for. If I'd press up a bunch of promo's to mail out, I may want to write a DJ's name on each one. Also try and see if you can get any more info from the catalogue number (and try it on both sides). You can't make out the last 6, but what about the first 3? Are they 3 X-es???

And exactly where did you want to search for "Ed Rush"? If I just do an artist search on him I don't get any problems...

But from the sound of it, it doesn't sound like Ed Rush... (unless it dates somewhere between NUT1 and 2...).

Well, we're talking around 1997 / 1998 at a guess here, if a date might help. I bought it at 5HQ in Leicester around then.

Oh, and if that flip has that vocal sample, why not put up a clip with that vocal... vocals make a tune easier to identify than just some random bits of music...
The sample above contains both tracks - side A, fade out, side B. Like I said - very short snippets (to get it under the 500K limit).

try and see if you can get any more info from the catalogue number (and try it on both sides). You can't make out the last 6, but what about the first 3? Are they 3 X-es???

The first 3 are indeed just 3 Xs, not stamped over anything. The last 6 Xs are sloppy and it's impossible to make out what was originally stamped underneath.

It was mastered by Neil at Masterpiece.

And exactly where did you want to search for "Ed Rush"? If I just do an artist search on him I don't get any problems...
In this forum - "One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

for me, b-side is a tune that has got a remix on no-u turn

i'm sure i've got an mp3 of that

just can't find it

the remix i'm speaking about is on the Torque mixed cd

or on the Acolyte mixed cd

Now, this sounds more promising! Please let me know if you find it.

In this forum - "One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

Well you may search on the "main" rolldabeats part (here)

there's a search tool on the top of the page, i think that way, you'll discover the site ;)

(i'm still looking for the remix i thought about)

Edited by sch_pr

Well you may search on the "main" rolldabeats part (here)

there's a search tool on the top of the page, i think that way, you'll discover the site ;)

Well, yes - I assumed it would be clear that I have tried searching there already.

I searched on this forum to check if this particular release had been discussed already (something I forgot to do with my question about the Alphabet series in another section of the forum) since the main site has no entry for XXX1XXXXXX or "Ed Rush No U Turn written in red felt tip" ;)

Edited by suss

You'll have to use words that are over 3 characters when searching the forum. If you were to search for "Rush" you'd most likely find the threads where Ed Rush was discussed as well as a couple of other threads that probably aren't relevant.

There's no need to use that entire search string when seraching the forum, it's unlikely that anyone's ever written it down in exactly the same way as you have, anyway

I know about this tune.

One side is a 'remix of "Metropolis",

the other side a 'remix' of "Subway"

Bootleg remixes of Adam F & Ed Rush tracks

Neither are a patch on the originals, each seems to be little more than a 'remake' of each track...

Released in 1997 by the way and that cat. no. seems to be correct. Although I never noticed anything under the last XXX's???

Neither are a patch on the originals, each seems to be little more than a 'remake' of each track...

Released in 1997 by the way and that cat. no. seems to be correct. Although I never noticed anything under the last XXX's???

Heh - great. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Very peculiar release, isn't it? Seems to be a massive waste of time.

I know about this tune.

One side is a 'remix of "Metropolis",

the other side a 'remix' of "Subway"

Now that you mention it I remember this coming out...I never got it cos I thought they were pretty poor remixes