Dillinja / Capone - Fusion (1996 Dubplate Version!)

Ornette

After the relative disappointment of the Bailey 1Xtra unreleased Dillinja showcase, I thought that perhaps I should go and dig out an unreleased Dillinja track of my own.

Called "Fusion", this real epic from 1996 is quite astounding in its power. Its a real emotive track, full of soul and edge, and this is what I would call a classic example of Dillinja's second 'golden-period'. If only his album was made up of stuff like this, it certainly would have been another, all-time, classic drum & bass album to, perhaps, even better Goldie's Timeless.

Check it out:

Capone - Fusion (1996 Dubplate Version!!!!)

http://www.classifiedlistening.com/tarzanstuff/Capone%20-%20Fusion%20(1996%20Dubplate%20Version!!!!).mp3

• 5 months later...
Are you saying this is different from the one released on approx 2002? - Has Tudor Rose on the flip...

That was sort of a reissue. The original was on the Genetically Unmodified LP sampler. Even though Tudor Rose is a remix, the Fusion on the flip is just the same as the original release.

Ahhh - what!? The released 'amen' version is generic!

Can't keep getting excited about amens, don't you know.

Although its not a bad tune, I really love this unreleased one and have done since I first heard it.

I would say Grooveriders show (Kiss days).

Oh and yes, I did tape it from Grooverider's show - Friday 22nd March 1996 to be exact.

• 6 years later...