Lil' Louis & The World - The Luv U Wanted (1989) (YT Link)

scott_insight

Sampled for:

Urban Jungle - Back In The Daze (Sexy Ladies Mix)

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/jungle_mania_records/jm5/

Maybe the other mixes too but I can't currently get the audio player to work.

Edit: Thanks go to Snowman from towerblockradio.com for bringing the lil louis tune to my attention. I had loved the jungle version since I heard it in 95 and had always wanted to know the sample it used.

Mark Ruff Ryder used the song " The Luv U Wanted " for " Back to the Daze(DAYS) " He had NOTHING to do with the song other than add a beat to it. I, Ferrante Hickerson wrote it, played ALL the instruments, except for a piano solo and it was sung by Sherel. It's is on the album " From the Mind of Lil Louis ". I was paid NO royalties. I see Rolldabeats has it on a CD. That is illegal as well.

LOVE YOU WANTED (Legal Title)

BMI Work #929417

Alternate Titles:

LUV U WANTED

Songwriter/Composer Current Affiliation CAE/IPI #

HICKERSON FERRANTE ERIC BMI 229070188

Publishers

BLEU GIG SONGS BMI 239445060

BONI ROSE MUSIC BMI 229194751

SONY/ATV SONGS LLC BMI 187062752

Mark and I have reached a settlement.

If it's true that you're the original artist, you composed a brilliant song. Sorry to hear that it was ripped off all those years ago.

That being said, your song now lives on in jungle music in the form of a (truly fantastic) sample! What an honor.

If it's true that you're the original artist, you composed a brilliant song. Sorry to hear that it was ripped off all those years ago.

That being said, your song now lives on in jungle music in the form of a (truly fantastic) sample! What an honor.

I'm the songwriter and co-producer. I also played the music, except for the solo but the artist credit went to Lil Louis and the World. My singer and I were credited as Antigua. See for yourself and notice the copyright date:

Thank you,

Ferrante Eric

Sorry to hear that your tune was ripped off and no payment was received for the its use. It's a great song and I've always loved the sample that was taken for the jungle track. Sadly this happened quite a lot back in the 90s (and still does in dance music) where the original authors were not paid for the use of samples in other people's music. The tune in question is a pretty obscure track on a relatively unknown record label.

I see Rolldabeats has it on a CD. That is illegal as well.

This was a free CDR that we gave away around 50 copies of at a recent event we put on. We made no money from the use of the tune, it was just a little fun mix we did to give to the people who attended the event.

If you look up the Jungle Mania label on Discogs, its description says:

"UK ragga jungle label from 1994 on, headed by Mark Ryder of Strictly Underground fame. Many releases were white labels only with minimal information, usually due to naughty sampling."

'Nuff said really.

Also read the review at the bottom of the page on there, some fella saying that Mark had loads of unsold vinyl left over from everything he ever got pressed - it was all going in a skip - even the master pressing plates!!!