MC Moose - Live from Nitrous 1st August 1992

nebkins

Nitrous - The Resurrection - 01.08.1992

On the Fabio tape from this event just after Terminator finishes and L.V. Cliff - Right Bullet Right Starts at about 3:55 mins

Just as I remember it, a really rough sounding time for the music!

Its when you could see the sprouts of a new form breaking through, but not enough tunes to back it. Still I have a soft spot for this period and was when I first started getting into the music.

Hardcore junglist ftw!!

Raw tunes; loved it back then!

It's unbelievable now to think how a popular music could be so rough and unfinished. Come to think, it was unbelievable then to think how a popular music could be so rough & unfinished. I had to really try to like hardcore (I was still into hip hop, but had made some mates that were into it), but every now & again a tune would catch my ear - SMF 'Guillotene', SLM 'Nice & Smooth', obviously Metalheads 'Terminator'.

Then suddenly in the new year, it seemed to jump tempo, literally overnight, to 160bpm+, became hardcore drum & bass, and that's when it all took off.

I guess looking back, this must have been right bang in the middle of the 'original' hardcore 91-92, and the new hardcore of 93.

It didn't really jump tempo that fast, although I found alot of London radio DJ's pitched up records more than most. I also like that the music is simple and raw, i think it takes more talent to pull it off and is also much more to the point. These days music (if you can call it that) is so obese and overloaded with content, it just becomes really fatiguing really quickly. For me 1990 was the best year, hip hop and house and early 'ardcore all played in the same sets, win win : )

• 2 weeks later...

but every now & again a tune would catch my ear - SMF 'Guillotene', SLM 'Nice & Smooth', obviously Metalheads 'Terminator'.

It's funny you mention those tunes; I can remember ending up in a record shop in Epsom and they put on SMF, I snapped it up straight away! They commented on how I could get a tune without knowing who it was by!?! I also picked up the Metalheads 12" on white label 6 months before it was released from some record show... ahh, the memories!!

I've always thought that was the golden era, especially given the equipment they used. I loved all that UK Hip-Hop from then too, nice ruff and raw breaks....

I have a mix coming soon on Soundcloud using all those ruffneck tunes from this era (FZ, Doc Scott, Razor Boy, Rhythm Section, Manix etc), I might post a link to it here, you'll love it!!